News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Jackson County Street 'N Trailer

Started by WECSOG, May 21, 2016, 12:59:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WECSOG

Hi all; just joined BR and figured I mighty swell intro myself as my first post. I am also (and have been for a few years) WECSOG on ADV, and on the TW200 forum. My particular bent in motorcycles is what we called street and trail bikes in the '70s. Twin shock simple bikes that are good for putting along trails as long as you're not in a big hurry, and also riding on the street; again, if you're not in a big hurry. Honda XLs and CTs; that sort of thing. TW200s qualify too, even though they are monoshockers. The older, simpler and uglier, the better. Best of all if it falls into at least two out of three elements of the 555 concept: $500 or less, 500cc or smaller, 1975 or older.  :D

Chitza

Welcome, WEC! You should plenty to join in around here on any of those 5's. Post some pics. We live pics...of bikes, please :)

Watch the Planned Rides and Let's Ride threads to know what's going on, post that you're gonna join and show up. Pretty easy!

And congrats!! You are member #300!!! Woohoo!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

WECSOG

300! Woohoo!  :D
Thanks for the welcome. Here's a pic of the bike I currently ride most; my '74 XL70 mini dual sport rat!

It's a real jalopy, pieced together from several different junkyard refugees.

kdtrull

Welcome from the NW corner.  Great intro.  Diggin' the double sprockets.

jrobinson

Welcome from Paint Rock Valley.  Thanks for the intro.

Watch the ride sections and holler if you have any questions.

Nice Goat

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

bergman32

klaviator

First ADV, then Bamarides, someday we'll have to meet in person.

Welcome!

WECSOG

Thanks for the big welcome, everybody! I'm glad to be here, and look forward to doing some rides with you guys.

griff

Welcome.

Did I meet you at CMRA last year?
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

WECSOG

Quote from: griff on May 26, 2016, 10:55:30 PM
Welcome.

Did I meet you at CMRA last year?

Thanks! No, I don't think so.

griff

Ok. I met a guy that was into TW200s and calling them street and trails. I think he mentioned being from Jackson Co. I told him about this place.

We're glad to have you either way. A TW200 was the first dual sport I spent much time on. My dad had one when I was a kid.

We're in Jackson Co are you located? We're in Gurley so we may just about be neighbors.
Moto Farkles
'01 KLX300
'01 400EXC tagged
'07 F650gs

WECSOG

I'm in Paint Rock, so we are just about neighbors.
I have a TW, but I think of it as a dual sport. The term "dual sport" didn't exist back in the '70s when the twin shock Honda XLs were being made, and the common term back then was "street and trail." I first started riding in the early '70s, and those Hondas were the bikes I was most familiar with. I still like them, and have a '72 XL250 in pieces that I need to put together. That's besides the '74 XL70 I ride all the time, and a few other assorted bikes.