News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Brian and Mulley ride Baja

Started by Brian A, February 04, 2017, 08:01:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brian A

Quote from: VWCarlos on March 09, 2017, 10:23:06 PM
Sounds like you had a great trip and a grand adventure. Hope the pinky healed up well... Thanks for sharing the ride with us. I enjoyed reading it all.

Thank you. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Fact is, the angry pinkie is being very contrary. Far more of a matter to contend with than I ever expected.
It is, I realize, just a pinkie. But it is doing its best to pay me back in spades for the misfortune I dealt it.

I remain convinced it heard me, early on, refer to it as being "just a pinkie".  Upon hearing my less than flattering comment, I think the pinkie was insulted and took issue with my assessment of its relative importance in the bigger picture.  The pinkie then decided to make a point, whereupon it said to its neighboring fingers "Hey guys, watch this."

Fencejumper09

Great Adventure!

Thanks for taking us along!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Brian A

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 10, 2017, 07:10:01 AM
Great Adventure!

Thanks for taking us along!

Thank you.  I appreciate you going along with me on my revisit.

klaviator

Great ride report and really awesome trip.  A good friend did a Baja trip a few years ago and told me about it but there is nothing like one of your ride reports to really see what it's like.

As for your next trip, I lived in Maine for 4 years.  Some great scenery there.  I'll be glad to share some of my favorite places to ride.

Mulley

And just like that the journey is over.  :'(

Man what great trip. There is just so much that can put into a ride report without overloading it. Brian does a great job of staying focused and appealing to the reader. It's always interesting to see what he finds important or memorable vs how I remember it. Two people riding side by side. We literally did almost everything together for 7 days and how we remember things is so different. I find that fascinating.

There's also stuff that's better told over a beer summit than in writing. The "colorful" stuff.

I've haven't even looked at my pics or videos yet. It's been over a month now. I guess it's time. I also have Captain Kirk's videos from his rear facing GoPro. If only I knew someone that could edit them into a nice little film.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Nice Goat

Before, when I thought of Baja, this is what I imagined...

Thank you for showing us all of the various types of terrain, landscapes, towns, people, etc.!

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chitza

I'm with Glenn. That picture is gold. Great report Brian. Let me know if you need help corralling that ornery pinkie ;)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Brian A

Thanks for the compliments and feedback.

If I was to say "It was a fun trip." that would be to speak of fun in the abstract. Doing ride reports gives me a chance to take fun from the abstract to "the real stuff."

As Mulley mentioned there was a lot of stuff that was left out. There always is. But never anything of great importance or anything that would change the story.

I try to walk the tight rope and keep a balance: enough stuff and fluff to (hopefully) keep it interesting but with an awareness that venturing off into the weeds and trying to recount all the details of every day could turn it into a boring read.

So thanks again. I appreciate knowing you guys enjoyed following along.

Chuck A.

NOOOOOOOOOOOO! This report can't be over :-[?!!!! I love these multi day trip reports. Thank you for sharing, it was good to go along with you guys through the words and the pictures. I had fun! ;)
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

kdtrull

Quote from: Chuck A. on March 12, 2017, 06:45:24 PM
NOOOOOOOOOOOO! This report can't be over :-[?!!!! I love these multi day trip reports. Thank you for sharing, it was good to go along with you guys through the words and the pictures. I had fun! ;)

Good stuff for sure.  Thanks for the time and effort.

Chuck A.

Alright Trull. You're getting behind on reports. 8)
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson