News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tiny Bike Touring.

Started by klaviator, April 03, 2017, 09:43:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dredman

We had a couple ride 50cc Ruckii around all Alabama counties back in 2008.  We had a challenge, they won.  You should have seen them loaded down on the tiny scoots - it was crazy.  The did start out on a 250 scooter, riding two up, but she wanted to ride too.  They sold the 250, then got the tiny machines.  They were on TV, the news, it was a big deal.  I will see if I can dig something up from back then.

klaviator

Quote from: dredman on October 15, 2017, 12:19:13 AM
We had a couple ride 50cc Ruckii around all Alabama counties back in 2008.  We had a challenge, they won.  You should have seen them loaded down on the tiny scoots - it was crazy.  The did start out on a 250 scooter, riding two up, but she wanted to ride too.  They sold the 250, then got the tiny machines.  They were on TV, the news, it was a big deal.  I will see if I can dig something up from back then.

While this sounds like an exciting adventure and I am a big fan of tiny bikes, A Ruckus is smaller and slower than what I would be comfortable on.  I had a chance to ride around a bit in Alaska on a Ruckus and it was fun but we were on roads with very low speed limits.  I like to be able to fast enough to keep up with traffic most of the time.  For roads here in the Southeast that means around 125cc or more. 

Still, I am impressed that they did it :respect-058: