Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

OH MY! It IS here!

Started by springer, April 04, 2017, 05:07:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2smoke

That's a purdy motorcycle Harvey  :)

Jwwr

That's gold, Jerry! Gold! Them some purty wheels! May I request a full review or your most magnificent motorcycle. I have this one on my short list. Also, congratulations!

merc16

Quote from: springer on April 08, 2017, 02:07:55 PM
Quote from: Nice Goat on April 07, 2017, 09:05:33 AM
Yeah, man!  I wanna see it!  We all got the fever!!!
So do I!
I left it at the shop do to shipping damage. The shop was up front about it and is fixing it for free of course. Also waiting on a couple of add-on thingies to be installed but I DO have some pictures!

We REALLY need a dancing smiley!

I will pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday according how work goes.........

Congrats on the Honda ! Interested if you're keeping the XR ?
Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on April 09, 2017, 08:50:23 AM
Quote from: springer on April 08, 2017, 02:07:55 PM
Quote from: Nice Goat on April 07, 2017, 09:05:33 AM
Yeah, man!  I wanna see it!  We all got the fever!!!
So do I!
I left it at the shop do to shipping damage. The shop was up front about it and is fixing it for free of course. Also waiting on a couple of add-on thingies to be installed but I DO have some pictures!

We REALLY need a dancing smiley!

I will pick it up Tuesday or Wednesday according how work goes.........

Congrats on the Honda ! Interested if you're keeping the XR ?
Not sure. I,am sort of up in the air on that.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

merc16

Justin

Slede

great looking bike Harv, congrats. I'm off Wednesday if you need a ride to pick it up so you can ride it home. let me know
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

springer

The Honda shop called me last night and said it was ready! I took a 1/2 day off work and picked it up. :)
1st ride impressions?
It feels very comfortable. Seat is not hard and I think, not to soft. (Time will tell about that.)
Power is good. We will see if it lofts the front wheel as easily as my Honda 2000 and something XR650-L. ;) Hopefully easier than my Harley XR1200. :)
Brakes feel good, with enough power to stop from 60mph pretty quickly.

There is a lot to learn about the dash and the switch gear. It has ABS and torque limit levels, 3 I think. I believe this will be a factor on how much I will like/dislike the motorcycle. I have never had a motorcycle that has this many options...........or ANY options really, on controlling the bike.  All the motorcycles that I have owned have been pretty basic. The Honda XR650-L has been the same bike since it came out in 1993(?). The Harley 2012 XR 1200 and my 2000 Harley Springer are......well.....Harley's. Pretty basic motorcycles. Pretty much ALL the motorcycles I had in the 1990's were designed in the 1980's. The motorcycles I had in the 1980's were designed in the 1980's.......using pretty much the tech of the 1970's. ;)
The ones I owned in the 1970's were a lot like my 1980's motorcycles except they had points ignition.
Time will tell but right now, I REALLY like this bike.

BTW, I will be moving this to the motorcycle section.   
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KevinB

Slede

congrats harv, she looks good man.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

springer

springer

Just did my 600 mile break-in oil change. Took 4.3 quarts of oil and 1 oil filter. Used Honda oil and genuine Honda filter bought at the dealer, labor I provided. Cost? $76 and change.  :o  Oh, it is not a synthetic, just regular Honda 10w30.  :o :o

Good news is the next oil change is not for another 6,000 miles.  ;)

So far really liking this motorcycle. The ride, the feel of the bike is pretty good. Have not taken it "off-road" just down a few fire roads. Going to need some new tires with moar nobby to them to do anything close to "off-roading.  ;) and some moar crash protection too. For the bike AND me.  ;D

I can not wait to get it out into some Gymkhana Kone Killing, I think it will be a pretty decent bike for that.     

springer

Update on my Africa Twin.

The tires that came on it stock sux off-road. REAL BAD...........

Front;

Back;

How bad you might ask?

Well so far down twice on semi-wet grass and mud...........mud is like a ice skating ring and it has been over 30 years since I have went ice skating.  :P

But never fear, the aftermarket is here!  ;)

NEW FRONT;

New Back;

So will I be able to ride like Graham Jarvis off-road now?

NO.

That would take more than tires.  ;)

I think I will need something called "talent".

Wonder where I can buy that at?  ;D

gulfcoaster

Those the Mitas E07?  Curious to know what ya think about them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

amchev

Quote from: gulfcoaster on June 01, 2017, 06:17:27 PM
Those the Mitas E07?  Curious to know what ya think about them.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Looks like Mitas E07 front looks like a Dakar.  E09 rear?  I'll be interested to hear how easy/hard they are to spoon on.  I'm going to get these for my F800GS.