News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Madison/Huntsville Flashmob Friday July 21st

Started by klaviator, July 16, 2017, 06:12:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

zdc1775

Had a great time with everyone and had an eventful ride home. (More on that tomorrow.) Hope everyone else had a safe ride home.

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: zdc1775 on July 21, 2017, 08:46:11 PM
Had a great time with everyone and had an eventful ride home. (More on that tomorrow.) Hope everyone else had a safe ride home.
Hope all is well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

klaviator

I had a good time.  Thanks everyone who came out.

Zach, waiting to hear your story.  I hope it wasn't too eventful.

zdc1775

So I live North East of New Market. My neighbors are woods and farms. So obviously after leaving dinner we were getting close to dark by the time we made it home which is the time all the deer start moving. And we have a very large population of them around our house.

So about a quarter of a mile from my driveway a yearling doe decided to make a mad dash across the road. Only I was in her path. I was doing about 40 mph when I saw her jump out of the ditch and only had enough time to think "don't hit the brakes" before she ran headfirst into my gas tank. Her body proceeded to crumble again my bike and leg pinning my leg into the tank and frame. She collapsed and I somehow managed to keep the bike upright and out of the ditch.

Vanessa was a few car lengths behind me and was able to come to a stop. She told me that the deer was alive but really hurt over our Bluetooth so I drove down to the house to get a gun to put it down and keep it from suffering. It got up and ran off about the time I was pulling back out of the driveway.

Surveyed the damage and it looks like about 2500 worth of parts to fix it so I'll be calling my insurance agent on Monday. As for me I'm fine but my hamstring and inner thigh is basically one big bruise.

Chuck & Susan

We are glad it wasn't any worse than what it is. So sorry for the deer but really sorry for your bike.  Please take care of the leg.  Prayers for healing for you and your bike. 

Chuck & Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

zdc1775

Thanks. The leg should be fine in a day or two and the bike will get fixed so no worries there. I'm just hoping that the deer wasn't actually hurt and was just stunned from the impact. Since the last time I saw it it was at a full sprint across a cotton field I'm inclined to think that's the case.