News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New Yamahas for 2018

Started by klaviator, September 21, 2017, 03:31:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

New for 2018 from Yamaha.  The XSR700 and Xmax.  Of the two I'm more interested in the Xmax although I really don't need another new bike right now.

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/blog/2017/09/21/yamaha-introduces-new-xsr700-sport-heritage-motorcycle-and-xmax-scooter/

Campbell92

Klaviator, you got me on the scooter kick after you bought the SMax. I am pretty excited about the XMax. I think it will rule the scooter world. That is an impressive engine for a smaller scooter. I am hoping to see more people riding them in the near future....and I am hoping to see one on our dealership floor soon!

When it comes to the XSR700 I am very excited. The machine is sexy to say the least. I love the FZ07 engine and to give it that retro feel is something the market needs. The XSR 900 is beautiful. I hope they bring the XJR1300 to the US market in the future.

At the end of the day, I am still crossing my fingers for the T7 adventure bike. I was really hoping that was the bike being introduced...but I guess Yamaha knows better than me. Several new bikes are coming so I feel like a giddy kid at Christmas. Maybe a Yamaha rep might let a cat out of the bag at Barber. We can only hope.

klaviator

Quote from: Campbell92 on September 22, 2017, 10:57:07 AM
Klaviator, you got me on the scooter kick after you bought the SMax. I am pretty excited about the XMax. I think it will rule the scooter world. That is an impressive engine for a smaller scooter. I am hoping to see more people riding them in the near future....and I am hoping to see one on our dealership floor soon!

When it comes to the XSR700 I am very excited. The machine is sexy to say the least. I love the FZ07 engine and to give it that retro feel is something the market needs. The XSR 900 is beautiful. I hope they bring the XJR1300 to the US market in the future.

At the end of the day, I am still crossing my fingers for the T7 adventure bike. I was really hoping that was the bike being introduced...but I guess Yamaha knows better than me. Several new bikes are coming so I feel like a giddy kid at Christmas. Maybe a Yamaha rep might let a cat out of the bag at Barber. We can only hope.

The Xmax is not really a smaller scooter, I consider it a midsize.  I expect it to be big enough for comfortable 2 up riding even at highway speeds.  At the moment I only have around 13,000 miles on my majesty so I don't see replacing it soon but it's nice to know a suitable replacement is available if something happens to it.

My KLR on the other hand is nearly 13 years old with over 40,000 miles on it so it's the bike I will probably replace the soonest.  The KLX250 is a possibility.  The T7 looks interesting as well. 

I have owned mostly Kawasaki's and Yamaha's over the years so it's good to see both bringing in some exciting bikes.

Campbell92

That KLX is awesome! Yamaha missed the mark in not releasing that T7 to the US. Luckily Kawasaki saved the day with the new and improved KLX250. I hope Yamaha will take that bike into consideration and do some well needed changes to the XT250. Maybe even get a wild hair and put the R3 engine into an adventure bike and bring back a retro version of the XT series.