News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

21st Annual Last Ride of the Year

Started by Chuck & Susan, November 23, 2017, 06:31:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

springer

If you have never been, it is definitely a fun, good ride to go on! Folks REALLY do come from all over. On my second run down on this ride I meet a couple from California. Their plan was to continue down to the Florida keys, explore southern Florida and make it back home "sometime" in June! 

Retirement...sounds like a good idea to me! 8)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

merc16

I bumped my thread in Ride Report of last years event for the pics. I no good with linky.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

springer

Quote from: merc16 on December 03, 2017, 01:48:37 PM
I bumped my thread in Ride Report of last years event for the pics. I no good with linky.

No problema my good man, linky: http://www.motorcyclealabama.com/rides/index.php?topic=1499.msg21325#msg21325
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

merc16

Thank you !!!

Justin

jrobinson

On Dec 30, 2011, @ 3am I left my house and trailered my bike from N.E. corner to just south of Bham. There I met up with BR members and we rode mostly backroads down to Stockton. I loaded the bike up and made it home around 11pm.

Springer's GPS led us off course, so Rodney took over and we rode about 10 miles on a dirt road to get back on track.

Here's a few pics.

springer

Really need a picture of my GPS for folks to realize why "it quit working".  :D :D

springer

Best picture I have of my "GPS" mounted to the tank...in case y'all are wondering WTF? That is blue painters tape(removes with out leaving sticky stuff behind) and what y'all cann't see are the hand written directions.

The problem with this "GPS" is once my hand writing gets "cold" even I can't read it.  :D :D

jrobinson

I have a good pic of the GPS, just don't know where it is at the moment. I think you were looking for 95 instead of 9 S.

Also, your gloves were soaked from the fog. We didn't get any rain that morning.

kylepeterson

Quote from: springer on December 04, 2017, 12:52:41 PM
Best picture I have of my "GPS" mounted to the tank...in case y'all are wondering WTF? That is blue painters tape(removes with out leaving sticky stuff behind) and what y'all cann't see are the hand written directions.

The problem with this "GPS" is once my hand writing gets "cold" even I can't read it.  :D :D

JB to the MFT ?

helllllll yaaaa

(painters tape)
just give 'er the berries !

LawnmowerRG

This is a fun ride. I have done it several times. Thinking about going This year too.

And My GPS works great. I just have to remember to turn on the dirt roads avoider option. Granted I mostly use it to get home after I get myself     Ummm aquated with an area,
and how many ways there are to get back to the same point.     
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

LawnmowerRG

Just remembered I had a video of the 2011 ride.

Spicciani2

Looks like this one is coming up soon!   I hope to be able to make it this year!

LawnmowerRG

O and a word of advice. Get gas before you get there. Every really close station will be low. The one across the street will run completely out.

Chuck & Susan

Quote from: Spicciani2 on December 19, 2017, 03:50:20 PM
Looks like this one is coming up soon!   I hope to be able to make it this year!

Susan and I and possibly more will coming out of Robertsdale that morning and the plan is to meet Gulfcoaster in Spanish Fort about 8:20~. Look for us in the shopping center parking lot on the north east corner of Hwy 31 and 225. I'm easy to spot us, will be the Black and Gray Wing.

I think I seen that you where in Mobile.
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Spicciani2

Quote from: Chuck & Susan on December 20, 2017, 08:07:05 AM
Susan and I and possibly more will coming out of Robertsdale that morning and the plan is to meet Gulfcoaster in Spanish Fort about 8:20~. Look for us in the shopping center parking lot on the north east corner of Hwy 31 and 225. I'm easy to spot us, will be the Black and Gray Wing.

I think I seen that you where in Mobile.

I'll be there to meet you early or not at all  :D