News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

robreynolds

We pulled the bikes out of storage in Denver on Friday and tagged the border yesterday.  We did have to reroute off the trail for 130 miles to pick up a new front tire for Jeff. 

Updated Google Map of the ride.  Slowly adding content to it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1kjilfRv907Wx_FqMF13O5xn8h7k&usp=sharing

jrou111

KevinB

Just spent a coupe of hours tooling around on the CRP (Chunky Red Pig...smaller than the Big Red Pig). I may have just convinced myself to keep this thing...

P.O. has it geared ridiculously low...first is useless, and it's screaming at 55 mph. Third and fourth on the trail will cover anything. Might try +1/-2 on the sprockets. It's been about 10 years since I've ridden a stock 400, but with the extra cc's this thing will tractor up just about anything and keeps on pulling up top.

But, like me, it's not really a single track killer...we're both a little old and a little heavy in the middle. For everything else, this thing's a blast!

Ryanbroome

Yup it's real nice mister. Get some street legs on it and you'll be in bidness

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reserector

My son and I did some dual sport riding in the DeSoto National Forest, Chickasawhay District (in Mississippi) on Sunday.  I call it "trails", but it was forest roads that are approved for motor vehicle use according to the published MVUMs that are put out by the USDA.

Many of the roads dead end, and get brushy and narrow before they end.  Nonetheless, they are enjoyable to ride on.  With the temps being as high as they have been, we were happy to stick to the more open gravel roads where we could maintain good airflow over ourselves, and the bikes.

My '08 DRZ400S and Doug's '83 XT200

We did some exploring at Tiger Creek.  
Yes, those are vintage O'neil riding pants from around 1986.  They used to be mine.  :)

yamahamer

Did some Lakeshore riding today with some friends.

jrou111

Yesterday I rode the Gasgas Pampera up to explore some single track around Suches. I forgot my gopro but did manage to snap some pics:

And a quick video on my phone

SpeedyR

met a couple of guys with Super Enduros up around Ellijay to do some riding. Most of the trails were in this guys "neighborhood" but we had a blast. I got some video so will see if I can get something later this week...

but it was nice to get out on the SE again after a few months off...

Buzz

Buzz

Palmer dale. The 650 needed a break.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

2smoke

KevinB

Wound up having to dual-sport the Duke down six miles of washboard gravel road to grab the Alabama ADV tag. While I was grabbing the photo, a guy in a 4x4 F150 pulled up and asked "You rode that down here?"

KevinB

klaviator

Took a short ride through the Wheeler Wildlife Refuge this morning.