News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

New DS rider in Alexander City

Started by zx3fred, February 08, 2018, 11:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hadaveha

I'm in talladega let me know if you want to ride some National forest dirt roads soon
I own it I'll run it into the ground if I want to

zx3fred

Quote from: hadaveha on February 24, 2018, 09:49:22 AM
I'm in talladega let me know if you want to ride some National forest dirt roads soon
I've been scouting them roads out , but definitely up for learning more.

Just got the bike home! Eagle Mike lowering links going on hopefully tonight.

Wrenching on it before I ride it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

If you are looking for high performance, you need to jack up the gas cap and roll another bike underneath it.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon

zx3fred

She's home. Found her in Fort Payne for $4500. Only 674 miles and already had SW crash bars, SW skid plate, and Tusk panniers installed. Ready to ride.

If you are looking for high performance, you need to jack up the gas cap and roll another bike underneath it.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon

klaviator

It looks like you found a good buy there!

KevinB

hadaveha

great looking bike,   mine is a GEN1  but I have all the bolt ons on her also,     I rode the national forest some Saturday, had a blast.   I was ridding up skyway its really rough, very rocky, huge washouts   I looked behind me their was a guy on a 20 yr old Honda shadow.   

Fencejumper09

Quote from: hadaveha on February 26, 2018, 08:46:35 AM
great looking bike,   mine is a GEN1  but I have all the bolt ons on her also,     I rode the national forest some Saturday, had a blast.   I was ridding up skyway its really rough, very rocky, huge washouts   I looked behind me their was a guy on a 20 yr old Honda shadow.   

Yeah, that Eric guy is a nutjob! Watch out for him!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

zx3fred

Quote from: hadaveha on February 26, 2018, 08:46:35 AM
WOW, a 20 year old Shadow. Was he making it look easy or struggling with it?.
I took the rear sub fender off last night and cut 3/4 of it off. Relocating the tag on to the fender with tag lights will be tonight's project.

Anyone have advice on how much to cut out of the stock kickstand with the Eagle Mike's 1" lowering kit installed? I only have one shot at making this right. She seems to sit too much upright as it is now, but I'm going to lower it, so that will change everything.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon

KevinB

Sounds like you had an Eric Bottomlee sighting.

He rides that Nighthawk off road better than I do my dirtbike. :)

hadaveha

it looked like ricky  Johnson coming by me

zx3fred

Finally got some photos of the bike.

'16 KLR650 - coming soon

TFancher

Welcome to MC/AL from Tuscaloosa. I have an '09 KLR that I love. It's not really great at anything , but it's pretty good at everything. Better than a dirt bike on the street, and better than a street bike in the dirt. Looks like you got a killer deal on it too. Hope to see you out there.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.