News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Spring Maintenance Day & BBQ - April 7th

Started by bblass, March 07, 2018, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

maydaymike

Count me as a maybe. I don't have any pressing maintenance myself,  but I'm happy to offer (bad) advise to anyone else in need.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

JBMFT

Chitza

Count me and Buzz in for the eating and pointing at stuff and probably some laughing.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Nice Goat

Don't forget to post an address and a start time
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

David DoubleEX

Chitza and fencejumper... Not sure how I missed your replies here!

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is just hanging out and not any riding, right? As fun as it would be to take the Strom up rock ledges.... That's what the WR426 is for!! Which I may bring with me. It doesn't have a key... But heres the deal. If you can kick start it, you can ride it. Most people don't know how to work the manual decompression to get it started.

What is the timeframe? I'm free that day so its likely ill come. The Vee is in the shop getting tuned up, which leaves me with driving the car unless he finishes with it in time.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

David DoubleEX

Speaking of the WR426... Anyone here decent with spokes? I know nothing about it. And it needs a little spoke work. I had one come off and flop around lol. This might be a decent time to learn some knowledge from someone who knows more than me.

kylepeterson

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 01, 2018, 10:48:46 PM
Chitza and fencejumper... Not sure how I missed your replies here!

Correct me if I'm wrong but this is just hanging out and not any riding, right? As fun as it would be to take the Strom up rock ledges.... That's what the WR426 is for!! Which I may bring with me. It doesn't have a key... But heres the deal. If you can kick start it, you can ride it. Most people don't know how to work the manual decompression to get it started.

What is the timeframe? I'm free that day so its likely ill come. The Vee is in the shop getting tuned up, which leaves me with driving the car unless he finishes with it in time.

bring it with a full tank OK ?
just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

@David DoubleEX  This is mostly just a hang around and eat some good food kind of event! We will be doing some wrenching if people need help figuring something out.

I don't think we have a truing stand but we can make one from a static tire balancer so bring the wheel with you!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

springer

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on April 02, 2018, 07:53:51 AM
@David DoubleEX  This is mostly just a hang around and eat some good food kind of event! We will be doing some wrenching if people need help figuring something out.

I don't think we have a truing stand but we can make one from a static tire balancer so bring the wheel with you!
I have a truing stand if y'all want to borrow it, let me know.

Unfortunately I am working that weekend so I can not make it.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

bblass

Noon on April 7th at TWO-3-SEVEN Allen Ave, Homewood, AL 35209. Last house on the left with plenty of bike parking in the rear. We'll be there all afternoon so feel free to drop by when you can.

Fencejumper and I will provide the BBQ and a few sides. If you have a specialty you make please feel free to bring it!

We'll have a few chairs available but bringing your moto-camping chair is still probably a good idea. BYOB if want anything other than natty light.

As far as maintenance goes, plan is to keep it on the lighter side. I'm thinking things like fork seal replacements, oil changes, non-touring bike tire swaps and what have you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday!
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Fencejumper09

I will bring my tire changing stand and spoons! Hope to have some new tires to spoon on for the YZ!

@IceCold4x4 will you bring the metal Tubliss tool?
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on April 02, 2018, 09:34:08 AM
I will bring my tire changing stand and spoons! Hope to have some new tires to spoon on for the YZ!

@IceCold4x4 will you bring the metal Tubliss tool?
I have that metal tubliss... Sled... As well! I can bring mine if I need to.

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on April 02, 2018, 07:53:51 AM

Awesome. How can we get the truing stand from Springer?

I will bring the whole bike! I have a dirt bike carrier so its easy enough.

Looking forward to this.

IceCold4x4

It's in the xc90 text me that day and I'll bring it. Probably drag the kdx over and see if it can be fixed.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

springer

Quote from: David DoubleEX on April 02, 2018, 09:49:08 AM
Awesome. How can we get the truing stand from Springer?

I will bring the whole bike! I have a dirt bike carrier so its easy enough.

Looking forward to this.

I can meetup with fencejumper or anyone in the Hoover, Bessemer, Hueytown area, today or tomorrow...just shoot me a pm.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.