News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Morning diversions

Started by Bama_Rider, June 30, 2018, 06:54:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bama_Rider

Not so much of a ride report as what I've been doing to learn the area.  Every morning that it's not forecasted to rain I get on the CB500X.  I point it in a general direction and just ride for an hour or 2.  If a road looks interesting I take it and then another and another.  Trying a lot of little 1.5 lane barely paved county roads.  A few smooth unpaved ones.  Maybe more of them as time goes on.  Then I consult my phone to see where the heck I ended up.    It's starting to get where I kind of know where I am going some of the time.  This is county road 51 between Collinsville and AL227.  BTW AL227 from Attalla to Crossville is a very nice road.  Scenic, lots of sweeping turns and a few tight ones, and smooth pavement for a sportbike or big road bike.  It's only around 25 miles but it is a very enjoyable 25 miles.

Guidedawg

We have plenty of folks in north Alabama familiar with those backroads, I'm sure, but it sounds like you'll be able to guide others around them soon enough as you learn your new extended backyard.

Have fun!