News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Re-introduction

Started by foodog2, November 01, 2015, 10:48:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

foodog2

I saw the forums were down a while back but did not know they were lost.  Anyway, I think I joined Bamarides a few years ago because I have been on a few rides.  Now about me...

I have had a motorcycle since I was 16 and a friend gave me a Honda CM185T Twinstar.  Over the last 30 plus years I have had a bunch until I had a back injury roughly 10 years ago leaving me where I could not hold a bike up and could not afford a Harley sidecar or trike.  So I sold my Harley dresser and regretted it everyday...  I guess I became more financially able and my wife who loves me agreed to let me get another bike.  It was another Harley, but a lighter cruised and I did ok but could not hold it up after sitting an hour or more.  Little did she know I was getting a sidecar for it so I could feel safe.

I loved this bike, but at the same time Harley announced they were getting out of the sidecar business so I thought I better get one.  I sold the black rig and still regret it because it was a great handling sidecar hand made by freedomsidecars in Pennsylvania.

After buying this one it was everything I wanted until the motor had a catastrophic failure and it went into storage.  Note to folks never buy a really expensive bike that then needs a $6k repair a month later.  So it went to Rods performance in Hancville for a big motor and in the meantime I built a low budget trike to toy with.

I now had the best of both worlds, a around town trike and a touring rig.

After a year of all my friends complaining my bikes were too loud and more reliability problems with the blue rig we decided to do it right.  We bought a new Goldwing F6B and Hannigan touring sidecar rigged for more performance riding.

This bike is a dream to ride and while it's not a high performance sidecar rig which are crazy... It will do well over 100mph comfortably on he slab  and run the twisties with most two wheel bikes.

Recently I thought i would like to ride two wheeled again and maybe try DS stuff I bought a BMW G650GS.  The bike is a lot of fun, but I am still working to make it comfortable ergo wise.

I think it will also get a sidecar when I have a few spare bucks because my bum leg is no better...

Anyway that's my re-intro.  If you can't tell by my avatar I am also a Deadhead and am usually singing riding down the road!

jrobinson

Welcome to Bamarides 2.0

Nice intro.

lazeebum

Nice Goat

Great re-intro!  Glad you are here!
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

springer

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Argh Oh

Welcome back! Very nice rigs.

klaviator

Welcome back.  Good intro.  Nice riding with you on Saturday and looking forward to seeing you next Saturday.

icychaos

Welcome back. Neat rigs. Some stellar sidecar action

KrisCook

Welcome back, from Forestdale!  Sidecars rule. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

SlowRoad

Welcome back.   I can attest to the keeping up with 2 wheelers.  I had a hard time keeping up with you on a sporty ride last year!