News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Alabama Hwy 65 - Paint Rock Valley

Started by jrobinson, May 20, 2016, 08:45:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

The highway dept plans to replace a small bridge/culvert on Hwy 65 in Paint Rock Valley. The road will be closed at a point just north of Princeton.  I'm hearing the work will begin around the 1st of June and will take 3-14 days to complete. 

I'll update this info as I receive more.

kdtrull

Is that just north, as in, before you get to 142 or farther north, as in, you can still get to 27?

jrobinson

It's going to be in front of the Chapman House where we have Ralley in the Valley. If I understand it, I'll still be able to get to the Chapman House from Princeton, but I'll be cut off from the next house north. The section they are digging up to replace the culvert doesn't look like a bridge. There isn't any guard rails there.

You could probably turn into the church parking lot and go along the field next to the Chapman House, then come back out on the road with a dual sport.

Signs went up yesterday saying they will be working May 31 -June 14

jrobinson

ALDOT has postponed this. I haven't heard the new date they plan to start.

jrobinson

This is now planned for the up coming weeks. They will start on July 5th and should be complete by July 18th at the latest.

This is going to be just south of the Chapman House.

I'll update when the road is open again.

kdtrull

Thanks for the update.  I think I'm gonna head that way to get home today.  Following Wynn and Jeff back to west of Scotsboro then head north.  TN 64 is much more relaxing ride than 72 to 565 to I65 back to 72.   :)

jrobinson

Hwy 65 is closed in the Princeton community. These no way around the construction. They plan to take 2 weeks to complete the repairs.

jrobinson

Alabama Hwy 65 has reopened in Princeton. There is still roadside construction and equipment. Be careful of dirt and gravel in the area.

lk2rd

I'm thinking of making a loop up that way and wondering what condition 65 is in these days.

jrobinson

Good all the way to state line. Couple places where dirt washed onto road last week

lk2rd

Great.  Thanks for the info.  Thinking of going up into Tenn that way or coming back that way.

jrobinson

Let me know, and I'll ride a while with you if I can.

lk2rd

Quote from: jrobinson on July 11, 2017, 09:26:01 PM
Let me know, and I'll ride a while with you if I can.

That'd be good.  It could be this weekend, I'll know more in a couple of days.