News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Allsport Powersports, Decatur

Started by gharshman, June 11, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

merc16

Soooo, when is Allsport getting one of the 2018 Kawasaki Z900 RS ?
Justin

KevinB

Quote from: merc16 on December 07, 2017, 04:48:46 PM

I want one of these really bad.  :-\

merc16

Paging Mr. Campbell92 to the Kawasaki desk please.....
Justin

Campbell92

Quote from: merc16 on December 07, 2017, 04:48:46 PM
We have 3 ordered and they are expected first of January. Keep an eye on here as well as our social media, I have been pretty busy and not active on the forum lately. I plan to give my 2 cents worth and I am praying to the motorcycle gods that our rep brings one to test soon!!! We are wanting to have an unveiling when it gets here so keep posted on that too.

merc16

That sounds great !!! Please post up here, I'm not on any other social media.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

Campbell92

Quote from: merc16 on December 13, 2017, 05:22:49 PM
That sounds great !!! Please post up here, I'm not on any other social media.

Will do! I plan to do all forms of posting. I don't expect them to stick around long at all. This bike seems like it will be the bike of the year! We already took a downpayment on one!

merc16

I've got to sit on one before a down payment.

Justin

klaviator

It was a nice day for a ride yesterday so I rode over to Allsport just to browse and BS with Seth (Campbell92).  Seth did mention they want to do another forum/club appreciation day soon. 

I did of course also check out the bikes.  They sold their Z900 and are waiting for another one so I was a disappointed to not get to see that.  I was happy to see that they did have a new Yamaha Xmax.

If I didn't already have my Smax and Majesty I'd be buying this scooter.  It's small and efficient enough to be a great around town commuter but also big enough for long distance touring.

If I was a bit younger with more flexible knees I'd be all over this new R4.  It reminds me a lot of my EX500 which was one of my favorite bikes and I put 66,000 miles on it.

They had 2 KLX250s.  I'm not crazy about the cammo paint but the Kawasaki Green one looks great.

They had some Z125s which look like a real blast.

They also had some great deals on the 650 Versys's ,Versi? or whatever the plural of Versys is ;D

Unlike many dealers, they don't add a bunch of fees so those are actual prices.

We also talked a bit about moto camping.  Seth thought that maybe they should carry some Moto camping gear.  Of course they would be competing with places like Dick's, Caballa's and Academy sports so we really didn't know whether that would be a good idea.

Hammerdown77

First on the moto camping gear, you'd have to tailor it specifically for moto camping. Meaning, lightweight, compact, specialized equipment. If you carry the standard Kelty/MSR/Coleman stuff they have at every other store, then you will have a hard time competing due to volume pricing.

Think more along the lines of Mountain High Outfitters, but perhaps even more specialized. It can be done, but you'd need to do some good market research.

Win, did they have the new Yamaha Venture and did you sit on it? Freedom had one and I got to sit on it and move it around, but not ride it, so I'm curious to hear others' impressions.

Also, do we know when the Tracer 900 GT is coming?

Edit: Ooops, there's a red Venture just peeking in on the left in the pic of the R4
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

klaviator

They had three of the new Ventures on the floor.  I sat on one last time there.  It felt pretty comfortable but just too big and heavy for me.  All of my bikes are under 500 pounds so all of the big touring bikes feel big and heavy to me.  It will be interesting to see how this bike sells vs the new wing.  I think the Venture is competing with Harley more than it is with the wing.  The new wing seems to be more about performance while the Venture more a comfortable and traditional touring bike that also has all the latest in electronic gadgets.  The wing is closer to the BMW1600LT while the Venture is closer to a Harley.

One big advantage of the Venture, at least for Huntsville area riders is that you can buy one at Allsports.  I'd much rather buy a bike from them than Freedom. 

klaviator

I just noticed that I called that Ninja 400 an R4.  Early onset Alzheimers maybe

Hammerdown77

Well I just repeated what you said and it clearly says "Kawasaki" right there on the bike.
:-[
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

Nice Goat

Seth told me that one of those Ventures is for test rides.  I might head over there Saturday morning and give it a whirl.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

merc16

Win, does the KLX have a narrow seat ?

Justin

klaviator

Quote from: merc16 on March 04, 2018, 09:15:01 PM
Win, does the KLX have a narrow seat ?

It's a typical dual sport seat, Not quite as bad as KTM dirtbike seats but pretty narrow.  If I got one I'd get a seat concepts seat or something to improve it.  The other issue with this bike, like most small dual sports of today is the small 2 gallon gas tank.  There is a larger tank available from the aftermarket. 

I have a buddy who bought a KLX250 several years ago to replace his DR650 and DRZ250.  He has never regretted it.  Even at the higher elevations out west he thought it had enough power although it is no powerhouse.