News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Allsport Powersports, Decatur

Started by gharshman, June 11, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scooter

I too, have heard horror stories about how the cooperation treated it's dealers. We had a dealer here in Montgomery when triumph began it comeback in'95. They also dropped Triumph around 2000 because of Cooperation demands. Triumph has done a great job in engineering a damn great motorcycle, but their belief that they will outsell the others is not going to happen. Demanding a stand along showroom, attempting to copy the Harley model just won't work. And it's not working for Harley anymore either. Their ride has slowed too, just as all others, but many Harley dealers are stuck with huge buildings and many employees they no longer need. Also a great motorcycle, but they have to face that the motorcycle world is shrinking and must make the needed adjustments if they want to survive. I rode Triumphs and Harley's in the 60's and still ride both today. But I am not looking to buy a new one of either brand. However, do want them both to survive! And Triumph can't expand much in
Alabama without a dealer. Hopefully Triumph cooperation has learned a few lessons and will treat it's dealers as they should. If not they will bury themselves....
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

springer

The motorcycle boom of the late 80's and 90's is gone. Baby boomers are getting to old to ride. Invest now in Nursing Home futures.  ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Scooter

You are absolutely correct on both accounts. And I'm afraid I'll be investing in nursing homes soon enough!
Scooter

Scooter

I've already built a sidecar rig so I don't have to put my feet down when I stop.. I suppose that could be considered the first step toward elder care... Just saying......
Scooter

norton73

There's a major change in my garage happening currently that is a nod towards the fact that old age is even catching up to me.

However, maturity is still way behind most people my age.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

Scooter

LOL, I've done that a couple of times. Sell of one because it hurts to ride. Then have a few good days and think, I need another and buy it, just to find out why I sold the last one.. But a new motorcycle is always fun, whether it was a smart decision or not... Hope to get to do that a few more times yet. I've spent a lot of money on motorcycles during my life, but none of it was ever wasted...
Scooter

Moto Guzzi

Quote from: norton73 on July 29, 2019, 06:53:59 AM
There's a major change in my garage happening currently that is a nod towards the fact that old age is even catching up to me.

However, maturity is still way behind most people my age.
What are you getting Andy?

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

klaviator

I stopped by Allsport yesterday.  I'm at least a little tempted by this bike:

It's a 2019 Monkey Bike with One, yes that is 1 mile on it.

mojo1

Quote from: klaviator on September 15, 2019, 02:02:03 PM
I stopped by Allsport yesterday.  I'm at least a little tempted by this bike:

It's a 2019 Monkey Bike with One, yes that is 1 mile on it.

There was a guy on one of those at Deals Gap Sunday.
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

klaviator

I stopped by Allsport today and Seth told me that it was official.  They will be a Triumph dealer again. 

Scooter

OUTSTANDING! Any idea when it will happen?
Scooter

gulfcoaster

So who here is gonna be the first to stop by and pick up one of the new scramblers?

Scooter

I still haven't rode one, but did get to sit on one at Barbers. For me, it's a TALL motorcycle. Not so much that I can't handle it, however, in the right situation I am sure I would drop it. I am 5' 10" with a 31" inseam. I am tiptoeing on it. But such a beautiful motorcycle. We are living in such a great time of motorcycling. All makes are making fantastic motorcycles for any type of travel imaginable. Just have to decide what fits your budget and what style actually talks back to you!
Scooter

Scooter

I just spoke with them on the phone. Said a few more papers to sign, but they should have Triumphs in the showroom in the next 45 a 60 days!
Scooter