News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Allsport Powersports, Decatur

Started by gharshman, June 11, 2016, 04:31:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gulfcoaster

Quote from: Scooter on October 25, 2019, 10:23:32 AM
I still haven't rode one, but did get to sit on one at Barbers. For me, it's a TALL motorcycle. Not so much that I can't handle it, however, in the right situation I am sure I would drop it. I am 5' 10" with a 31" inseam. I am tiptoeing on it. But such a beautiful motorcycle. We are living in such a great time of motorcycling. All makes are making fantastic motorcycles for any type of travel imaginable. Just have to decide what fits your budget and what style actually talks back to you!

So true.  If you were to ask me what new bike I wanted right now, I could give you a different answer each day of the week.

Scooter

Does anyone know if the Allsports in Decatur became a Triumph Dealer again? Don't see anything about it on their Website..
Scooter

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

Campbell92

Quote from: Scooter on February 09, 2020, 10:15:03 AM
Does anyone know if the Allsports in Decatur became a Triumph Dealer again? Don't see anything about it on their Website..
We have all paperwork submitted. We have a thumbs up from the US and are waiting to hear back from England. Believe me, we are just as anxious as everyone else haha. We will keep you updated. Hoping to hear more in the very near future.

Scooter

Thanks for the info! Sure be nice to have a dealer in the state again..
Scooter

klaviator

I stopped by Allsport today.  Guess what I saw in the showroom?

Yes, they are now a Triumph dealer again.

I talked to Seth.  He said they have been very busy. 

Some other interesting stuff:

For anyone looking for a small adventure bike they had this lightly used (well under 1000 miles) 2017 Versys 300 for $3999

ka4pse

Thanks for the memories @klaviator . That little Yamaha 100 twin was the second motorcycle I had. Was 14 yrs old. Threw many a paper on my route to pay for that one. My gosh, that was 46 years ago.

Stewart
Slapout, AL on beautiful Lake Jordan
1985 Honda V65 (VF1100S) Sabre
1985 Yamaha XT350

I was visiting my young friend last night when I asked if I could borrow a newspaper. "This is the 21st century, old man," he said. "We don't waste money on newspapers. Here, you can borrow my iPad." I can tell you, that fly never knew what hit it...

scott59

very glad to see Allsports a Triumph dealer. One closer to home :D

Scooter

This is outstanding news! Glad it finally happened.
Scooter

mojo1

Stopped by Allsport today and ended up leaving with a Royal Enfield Himalayan. They were great to deal with. Once I decided to get it my wife and I went to grab some lunch and when we got back they had it ready to go. It had 2 miles on it when left heading home, it has 125 miles now  :).
GREG
06 FZ1
2021 Royal Enfield Himalayan

klaviator

Quote from: mojo1 on March 27, 2021, 07:30:29 PM
Stopped by Allsport today and ended up leaving with a Royal Enfield Himalayan. They were great to deal with. Once I decided to get it my wife and I went to grab some lunch and when we got back they had it ready to go. It had 2 miles on it when left heading home, it has 125 miles now  :).

Congrats on the new bike Greg.  I know you have been thinking about a dual sport for a while now.  I think the Himalayan will be a great bike for you. 

As for Allsport, yeah they are a great place to buy a bike. 

I'm looking forward to riding with you on upcoming dual sport rides!

Chuck A.

I was there about 2 months ago and they only had 5 bikes in the store. Said the covid scare had their orders backlogged for bikes from the suppliers. Had only 3 side by sides out front.
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Jwwr

This one never made it to the showroom floor!

TN_twowheeladdict

Quote from: Jwwr on April 03, 2021, 06:06:39 PM
This one never made it to the showroom floor!

Did you order it, or just show up at the right time?  Interested to know if it will cruise at a true 70 mph and what it will top out at.  Been thinking about an SM, to carry on my hitch rack.
2019 ROYAL ENFIELD HIMALAYAN
2017 SUZUKI VAN VAN 200
2018 MOTO GUZZI V7III CARBON
2018 HARLEY ROAD GLIDE SPECIAL

Jwwr

I was checking their website daily. It will do 70 pretty easily, haven't tried top speed yet.

klaviator

I stopped by Allsport on Friday.  They had bikes in the showroom but maybe half what they normally had before Covid.

I talked to Steve for a while.  He said they weren't getting much inventory from Yamaha or Kawasaki.  They were selling a bunch of Himalayans and they did have two in the showroom.  They also had a fair number of Triumphs. 

The parking lot used to be full of Side by sides and ATVs and lawnmowers but it looked pretty empty as well.