News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Africa Twin

Started by kbishop, June 20, 2016, 10:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kbishop

I picked up my new AT on Friday. I put 150 miles on it on Saturday and another 175 on Sunday. I took it up to Cheaha and on dirt (601a). This is probably the best ride ever. I have read some good and bad press but I can't say anything bad about it. It's great on road and easy to handle off road. Maybe the KTM 950 was just as good but they don't make it anymore. I'm looking forward to many great days of dual sporting with this ride and having my 16 yr old son ride with me on my old KLR.

Chitza

All I can say is, if you show up to a BR event....don't leave the keys in that bike 8)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Jwwr

kbishop

Manual. I just couldn't do an automatic yet. I'm only 53.

Nice Goat

Were you catman on the old BR?
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kbishop

yes, I was Catman. I tried to set up my new account with that name but it says it was already taken. I was on tapatalk when I tried.

Slede

nice bike, i'll expect a full write up and personal impressions review, you are the first person I know of that has one after all   :D
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

kbishop

They told me it was the only one sold in Alabama so far. It's a great bike and a good value. There will be many.

Slede

Quote from: kbishop on June 21, 2016, 07:07:47 PM
They told me it was the only one sold in Alabama so far. It's a great bike and a good value. There will be many.

what is the sticker on that thing? if you don't mind me asking that is....
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

kbishop

Sticker was 13. After prep and doc fee and taxes it was 14.1. I have ordered the Honda panniers. They don't look as well made as some other brands but they are only 650 for the pair and they don't have to have a rack. They also use the key from the bike. I ordered a SW Motech skid plate and put a friction cruise control on it. I haven't figured out how I'm gonna mount the gps yet but have some ideas.

TFancher

There's a silver one at Cycle World in Gadsden. I rode over and looked at it Saturday. They ran some numbers for me and I wasn't really disappointed with the deal, but i just can't pull the trigger right now. I think I have commitment issues.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

matthew.j.riley1

Nice!

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

custmmc