News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Cameron went down...

Started by 01YZF6, July 31, 2016, 06:34:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crandon

If they have a way to do water therapy, it would be a great start and be less weight on his legs to hold him up to begin with.  We will continue to be praying for y'all.

01YZF6

Update today, PT has signed off on his mobility. He is still a fall risk, and on 1-10 scale his mobility is a 2

Trauma is still concerned with his spleen, and we are hoping after today's blood work and ultra sound, that they will consider discharge by tomorrow.

TFancher

Hope he heals fully and quickly. We're here if you need anything.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

01YZF6

We are home now..  the real journey has just begun

gulfcoaster

Congrats on getting home. I know there's a lot of P.T. to go. Let us know if we can help at all.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

01YZF6

I can't ever thank everyone here that has shown support for cam!

He is using a walker easier than crutches. I am his permanent shadow due to high fall risk for his spleen. But he is mobile and doing better. Ortho is scheduled in 10 days for first follow up and hopefully pt!

LawnmowerRG

Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

01YZF6

Sorry, been busy.  Updates as of today.  Cam is getting around better between the walker, and the crutches. He will remain a fall risk for 6 months, due to his spleen, and requires a shadow/buddy whenever he is up and moving around. He already missed the first week of school. We will not know more until after is ortho and doc follow ups next week.

thanks.

they totaled out the bike, however buy back was 1200, and insurance covered the loan payoff+gear replacement value. so buying it back was not an option.

Motor, forks, rims, and frame were all good, and the bike ran still!

NOW, here is the kick in the nutz!

Salvage yard came to get bike yesterday. Guy shows up on a rollback flatbed with a car on it. I bring the bike to the road, he drops the car, rolls the bike up and DUMPS it on its side, then hooks up the car and proceeds to pull it up the flatbed, rolling it over the bike to "secure it".  I watched oil pour down the deck, from the hole in the crankcase of the bike.

I was almost in Tears !!!!  The CBR500R was now literally junk! All it would have taken to get it back to 100% was new plastics and tank, and some small parts. and to unbolt the subframe and replace it. Ebay total parts was sub $1500.  OR they could have gone the naked route (CBR500F) which was under $1000 for parts.

Seriously, had I known they would have literally dragged it away, I would have removed the chain, sprockets, rims, and tires (they were all new, and under 1000 miles total)

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

01YZF6

So sorry. Been so busy.

Cam is recovering quick! He is back at school now with fall risk restrictions. (Has to have a walking buddy)
3 week Ortho follow up went good, pulled staples, and said " Get to walking son! "

Since Dr JJ Maddox was also MY ortho from a few years ago, and is the reason I still have a foot and walking, he said he will allow us to do home based PT.
The catch is.... as long as in 4 weeks time he is walking !

So we have been doing pt skills daily , and slowly his confidence in his leg is returning. His Gait is the hardest thing to correct, but we are getting there.

I was almost in tears when he said "Dad, how am I doing?" Then he did this last night.

VWCarlos

Glad to hear his recovery is progressing along nicely. Keep it up!!! I think it is safe for me to speak for everyone when I say we are all rooting for him!!!
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

01YZF6

gulfcoaster

That's awesome.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

LawnmowerRG

Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.