News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Sharing for a friend...ST1100

Started by 01YZF6, August 08, 2016, 03:19:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

01YZF6

My close friend Adam is selling his 97 Honda st 1100
He is asking about 1000 less than what others are asking for same bike in the areas.

He lives in Rome, GA.
Fb name is Adam DeLisle for contact info/ messages or insulinboy@gmail.com
I will add the cl ad when I have it.

So here it is. I've decided its time to give her up for the reason that I'm still getting weaker by the day seamingly recently and It tires me out too much to ride it. I'm looking to get something lighter for mom and I to enjoy as the last two times the bike has been out its been for gap meets because I just don't care to struggle for days after riding it from the fatigue (I have health issues that cause the fatigue problems) I've loved the bike for the last 3 years I've owned her, she has brand new (as in I peeled the stickers off the tires as I unloaded it from the trailer at the gap meet, so about 400 miles on them as I rode the bike home after the meet as well so cams bike could take the place of mine in the trailer while Gene drove home) New coolant lines and fuel lines, new coolant couplings on the engine with fresh gaskets on those as well (aluminum parts that are prone to some pitting after 20 years that can cause small leaks so better to replace while you're in there than to gamble on them) fresh carb clean and sync, bike does have a set of 1" bar risers for a more fully upright position, new fork seals (though I forgot to order new seals for the anti-dive unit and its now leaking fluid from the left fork) Corbin Seat, USB plug hidden in the left compartment for phone/GPS charging

Bike has been down before (by me) and I cracked one of the grey wings that cover the crash bars (I just parking lot dropped it because I didn't realize how tired I was and there was a slope in the pavement I didn't notice) and otherwise it has some scratches and marks on her that were there when I got it, doesn't look like crash damage just scratches from being moved around a tight garage is my assumption. It has about 64K on the clocks and I got it around 50K, I've had no issues out of it whatsoever and the new tires (Dunlop road smart II's the only radial ply tire the right size and with a weight rating to handle the bike) make it handle like a dream

I will take some more appropriate pictures tomorrow or monday if I don't get a chance tomorrow, just wanted to get this out there as there are a few Aprilia's in my neck of the woods for sale and I'd like to jump on one.

posted on craigslist for $2500