News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Summer '17, Nova Scotia

Started by Al Goodwin, August 14, 2016, 10:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

So glad to hear your wife is on the mend.  I had two surgeries on my cervical spine some years ago, and agree that healing time and therapy are the keys to success.  Holding her in our prayers!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

Al Goodwin

Thanks for all the thoughts and prayers. 

Melony had this same surgery back in April, and had some issues in recovery(3.5 hours before they told me what was going on)...Doc said "alarmingly low blood pressure", but things went GEAT today.  Maybe that's a sign of how well the entire recovery and rehab may go.

Al Goodwin

Looking at my work schedule, and holidays......For NOW, it'd fit my schedule well if we pulled out, for this trip, on July 4th.

I'm off the 4th-7th, take vacation 8th-11th, and also 16th-19th....giving me 20 days to make this ride.

Work schedules may change, and I'm open for others suggestions...... And, again, this all depends on how Melony heals up from her surgery.

renchinrider

Al, we're still holding this time period on our calendars.  We requested the Canada National Parks pass, but it hasn't arrived yet.  We both have our passports in order, and I'll get the insurance papers for Canada.

Any others expressing interest in going?  Has anyone discussed adjusting the dates at all?

bergman32

Myself and Karen are planning on going. Ordered park passes back in November and haven't received it yet.

renchinrider

Awesome, Bergman!  Sure looking forward to making this trip! 

Al, we hope Melony's recovery is going well, too!

Al Goodwin

Quote from: renchinrider on January 13, 2017, 07:29:31 PM
Al, we're still holding this time period on our calendars.  We requested the Canada National Parks pass, but it hasn't arrived yet.  We both have our passports in order, and I'll get the insurance papers for Canada.

Any others expressing interest in going?  Has anyone discussed adjusting the dates at all?

The dates are not set-in-stone as of yet...I've had a couple contact me that these dates wouldn't be good for them.

I know, it'd be difficult to get everyones schedules to line-up for a 3 week trip.  Honestly, I'm very surprised we had 4 bikes all take a month long trip together last summer.

I'll see when we can all, possibly, get together one evening and talk about the logistics of it all.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: bergman32 on January 13, 2017, 09:03:11 PM
Myself and Karen are planning on going. Ordered park passes back in November and haven't received it yet.

We haven't received ours either.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: renchinrider on January 14, 2017, 07:27:15 PM
Awesome, Bergman!  Sure looking forward to making this trip! 

Al, we hope Melony's recovery is going well, too!

Recovery is going well.  She'll start her physical therapy next week. ....Now, if we can just whip this pneumonia that's got her down.  It's getting better, just not gone completely.

We're going to take it easier this time around on the recovery of the back surgery.  She done to much, to quickly last summer.

Thanks for asking....

I hope to see everyone some day soon to discuss the trip.

renchinrider

Al,

First the good news:  We got our Canada Parks Pass earlier this week!

Now the not-so-good news:  I injured my right shoulder (complex separation) and will have surgery to fix it tomorrow morning.  After having my left shoulder reworked last summer, I'm quite confident that I'll be back in shape and ready for this ride after tomorrow's surgery. 

Hope Melony is equally successful whipping that pneumonia!

Looking forward to this trip!

Rench and Wife

bergman32

Got our Canada Park passes today.

Al Goodwin

Got our park passes as well.....stuck'em in our Passports so as not to misplace them ::)

Melony is doing well with the back recovery...still on the fence about the ride, all depends on how recovery continues.

bergman32

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

TFancher

FWIW..... I am off for summer shutdown June 24- July 9. I don't know yet if I can make this trip happen but my interest is high.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.