Freedom Powersports Huntsville, Alabama

Started by Timbo64, August 18, 2016, 11:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Timbo64

Freedom Powersports Huntsville, Alabama   

-------------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Update March 25, 2017

I stopped by Freedom Powersports yesterday and test rode a new BMW.
The dealership had a different fell than it had six months ago and I wold have no trouble purchasing a new BMW there this afternoon if I had the cash.

BTW, David Haynes sure knows his BMW product knowledge.
There was not one BMW question I asked that he couldn't answer.
If you're in the market for a BMW...go see him!

lazeebum

I hope the business owners see what you wrote and take appropriate action. 

kdtrull

I support you 100%.  Those extra agreements piss me off 1000%.
There's one rare dealer that understands that no means no.  One is in Florence beside the river.

backinthesaddle

If I were looking for a Honda I'd head to Chattanooga and Southern Powersports.
Suzuki M109R

Yankee Dog

Ya know. If the bike was what you wanted and the price was excellent.  I think I would have just smiled and kept saying no thank you.  Best not to let such DHs get the better of you. 

Timbo64

"Ya know. If the bike was what you wanted and the price was excellent.  I think I would have just smiled and kept saying no thank you.  Best not to let such DHs get the better of you."

That's good advice.
If we had it to do all over again, we'd probably purchase the bike.
However, as they sing on the radio, "The feeling has passed."

Hammerdown77

Just saw this topic. Nice to know I'm not the only one who went through this exact same experience. I got my BMW a couple few months before you, and the exact same thing happened. The purchase process was excellent with Stuart, probably best I've experienced to date, really pleased with it all. Until I got back to the finance department and got the same treatment you did. It was basically implied that I was a moron for not agreeing to all the extended coverage. I was literally half a second from walking out, and the only reason I didn't was because I wanted Stuart to get the sale.

I told Stuart how upset I was and that I almost walked out. In my opinion, you get one chance to sell me the extras, but when I say "no thank you", that's it. Move on. If it had been any other situation, I would have walked out of there and not come back.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

zdc1775

I also just saw this topic and have to say I had the exact same experience when I bought my Bonneville in November. I absolutely did not have that experience when I bought my Tiger 800 from them in March when I dealt with a different finance person. Matt, if I am remembering his name right, was the salesman for both purchases and could not have been better but the finance guy, whose name I don't remember at all, made the experience horrible.

klaviator

I have never bought a bike from Freedom but I do stop by there and look around pretty often.  I have noticed a difference there lately.  It used to be that every salesman I talked to (except David Haynes) was new and didn't know much.  More recently they seem to have more experienced and knowledgeable salesmen.  If I was looking for a Honda or Suzuki I'd probably at least give them a chance.  My next new bike will likely be a Yamaha so it's a no brainer for me, I'll be heading over to Allsport.

Hammerdown77

I went by there today to see about a set of tires for my 2016 R1200 GS. They didn't have any in stock in those sizes. 3-5 business days to order.

How can you be a BMW dealership and not have tires in stock in the sizes used by the top selling bike they make???
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

WillyT

I have been in there a couple of times in the last few weeks. And have talked to them a whole bunch on the phone and through email. Hunter my sales guy was really nice and knowledgeable. Louis the finance guy I dealt with went above and beyond to get me want I wanted. Probably one of the better dealerships I have dealt with.
2017 Kawasaki Vulcan 900 Custom

Slede

anybody got any recent business with this place? good, bad, or indefferent? they've got something i'm interested in advertised and wondering if the trip would be worth doing.
When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

klaviator

A few month's ago they had a part I needed that none of the other dealers around had.

As for buying a bike from them I have never done that.  I have talked to some people that had a good experience buying from them and others who didn't.  The two complaints I have heard are 1:  Low price to lure you in then hit you with excessive fees and 2: high pressure from the finance guy to sell you an extended warranty. 

My recommendation is that you get an OTD price before making the drive.  They can't force you to buy an extended warranty. 

My opinion, for what it's worth:  If you are smart you can get a good deal from them but if you are not they will overcharge you. 

springer

Quote from: klaviator on December 04, 2018, 09:24:55 AM
A few month's ago they had a part I needed that none of the other dealers around had.

As for buying a bike from them I have never done that.  I have talked to some people that had a good experience buying from them and others who didn't.  The two complaints I have heard are 1:  Low price to lure you in then hit you with excessive fees and 2: high pressure from the finance guy to sell you an extended warranty. 

My recommendation is that you get an OTD price before making the drive.  They can't force you to buy an extended warranty. 

My opinion, for what it's worth:  If you are smart you can get a good deal from them but if you are not they will overcharge you.

True everywhere, at any dealer. Walk in with a firm and fair price and don't budge.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

I stopped by Freedom Yesterday.  If you are looking for Boots or Gloves they had a good selection and Like Allsport, their Noru gear was marked way down.

They had a good selection of riding boots.  Boots and gloves are two things I hate to buy online.  I'd much prefer trying them on.  I just bought a pair of boots from Allsport so I don't need another pair but if you need boots I'd stop by Allsport or Freedom.

They also had the New BMW 400cc scooter in stock.  It's pretty ugly IMO.