News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Crow Mountain - CR 33

Started by jrobinson, March 02, 2017, 01:22:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jrobinson

Jackson County Public Works wishes to advise that Jackson County Road #33 between County Road #111 and #191 will be closed for slide repair beginning Monday, march 13, 2017, or the first day thereafter weather permits.  The closure should last approximately 2 weeks depending on the weather and site conditions encountered.

This is the road going up Crow Mountain in Jackson County. You can use CR 39 to go up or down the mountain.

Al Goodwin

Quote from: jrobinson on March 02, 2017, 01:22:04 PM
Jackson County Public Works wishes to advise that Jackson County Road #33 between County Road #111 and #191 will be closed for slide repair beginning Monday, march 13, 2017, or the first day thereafter weather permits.  The closure should last approximately 2 weeks depending on the weather and site conditions encountered.

This is the road going up Crow Mountain in Jackson County. You can use CR 39 to go up or down the mountain.

Reckon they repaved it?

jrobinson

I'll try to check it out tomorrow.  ;)

jrobinson

Tomorrow finally got here.

I took the longer than normal way home yesterday. Part of the ride was County Rd 33/Crow Mountain. The road is still the same except near the top there's 2 short patches, maybe 150-200 ft of new pavement. The edge of the road on the downhill side has been back filled to shore up the road better.

Chuck & Susan

Crow Mountain will still make me woozie......LOL   :-*

Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

jrobinson

During the construction, they added a run off ramp for older Goldwings.  ;D

Chuck & Susan

I'm feeling like that remark was aimed at me..... Well I'm glad I have a new one now..... lol   :P And BTW I did make it down without brakes and without a run off..... NENER NENER....
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

lk2rd

Anybody ridden 33 recently?  What condition is it in?

jrobinson

Same as before with a couple 100 ft repaved. Sections near top

lk2rd

So, its good enough to ride?  Thanks.

Hammerdown77

Oh yeah, we rode it with great haste this past Saturday. Good to go.

To be clear, though, you can never assume that there won't be gravel or trash in any of those corners. Just keep that in mind and stay on your toes.
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom