News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

First Trip for the Newbie!!!!

Started by James L, October 01, 2016, 03:54:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James L

So I posted the other day that Mojo1 was close enough to ride together. He sent a private message, and we made plans to ride this weekend barring weather (I'm a pansy, I don't like cold or wet).

The week went by and the weather looked to be good so we picked today to do a ride together (I brought the wife along). We met at the Waffle House on Morgan Road off 459. I of course had to roll in and drop my bike in front of Mojo1(Greg) whom I've never met. I was quite embarrassed, but it happens. We talked for a few and decided that the wife and I (2up) would follow Mojo1(Greg) on whichever route he chose. we stopped about an hour later near Tuscaloosa on 216, was probably in Cottondale (picture is of the bikes at the station). We continued on to many roads, where we stopped again, and decided to head back towards home. The wife and I lead this time, and we parted ways on River Road at the intersection of 15th street road. I texted him after getting home to make sure he had no problems. He didn't.

It was fun riding with someone new, but I think I'll try to not drop my bike every time I meet a Bama Rides member. Hope to do many more rides with members here. Maybe a Mt. Cheaha ride. I've never been there, so that would be a good ride for the next one.

James L

Chitza

James, don't worry about dropping the bike. We've all done it. It happens. I'm glad you jumped in with a ride and report! Way to go!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

lazeebum

Admitting that you dropped your bike will in no way prevent you from dropping it again. I know this from experience. Nice ride report.

Sent from my Z812 using Tapatalk

springer

They only have 2 wheels. Sooner or later they ALL hit the ground. ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Guidedawg

Yep, it happens and if it happens again it won't be the first time any of us have either seen or done it.

Glad to see you got out and ride with another member.  Strange that it was Mojo..he normally doesn't get out much.

;D

I was in Cottondale this past Friday night, in fact, but it was in an SUV and our football team was getting defeated by a team up there.

Thanks for the report.

James L

Quote from: Guidedawg on October 03, 2016, 08:30:37 AM
Yep, it happens and if it happens again it won't be the first time any of us have either seen or done it.

Glad to see you got out and ride with another member.  Strange that it was Mojo..he normally doesn't get out much.

;D

I was in Cottondale this past Friday night, in fact, but it was in an SUV and our football team was getting defeated by a team up there.

Thanks for the report.

The guy is a riding machine.....I'm not sure who needs service more, his bike or him.

James L