News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Skinner's Triumph Shop

Started by plagrone, September 17, 2015, 01:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

plagrone

Cool old-school shop in Auburn/Opelika area. They'll work on anything, not just Triumphs. Great guys to talk to once they warm up to you. Sometimes the work is cheap, sometimes it is not, but they won't jerk you around and their work is quality. I went there mostly for bits and bobs, spark plugs, plug caps, light bulbs, etc.

I did have them once lace up and balance a wheel I thought was irretrievably wobbly, and I swear the thing came back with absolutely zero runout.

Nice shop dog. I miss the place. After graduating I haven't been back. It's the kind of place where if you don't have cash on you and your purchase is under $15 he'll just tell you to pay him back next time.

KrisCook

I've been needing some bits and bobs, myself....   

Sounds like a good place!
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

bblass

Loved this place when I was down in Auburn and first got into street riding! I lived right around the corner and it was a great spot to pick up a new mirror or clutch handle after letting one of my buddies try and take my bike for a spin. Wish we had more shops like this in Birmingham.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Argh Oh

I had the occasion to meet John Skinner at a dirt track event in Toney this past Sun. Very knowledgeable, interesting, friendly guy. Also very fast and he's my age. Maybe there's still hope. His dog was cool too.

Freebooter

Yes great shop, great people. Been doing business witn th sunce the '70s when John's dad ran the place.