News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sport Tire Thread

Started by KevinB, December 02, 2016, 10:11:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

We lost the big D/S tire thread in the forum crash.

I'm due for a new set of rubbers...what's everyone's thoughts and favorites?

My use will be @ 70/30, dirt/street. I ran Dunlop AT81's on the 200, but that was 90% dirt use and a lot less power...not sure how they'd hold up to more pavement on the thumper.

Anyone tried the Moto Z Mtn. Hybrid?

SlimmyJimmy

The Moto Z looks good.  I have about 3400 miles on my Shinko 700's.  Need a new rear and the front is probably good for another 3000 at least.  I love them, but I don't have much experience with anything else.  I guess my favorite thing is that both front and rear are less than $100 together. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lastparrot

I just ordered some mitas E07 for my super tenere.  Once I get some miles I'll report back.

bomose

I had some Shinko 805s on my 990 Adv when I was in Utah. Worked great in the sand and on pavement. Better than the Heidis. Won't last as long, though.

Buzz

Ok I think I can recreate a lot of information on this one. I'll  start a new thread, for organizations sake.

A simple rating system will do. Eg. Bad good great.

Categories will be:

Street, dry dirt, mud, sand, and longevity.

Short comments will be made about the type of bike, and riding style used to test the tire.

Please keep coments to a minimum in the new thread.  Just to keep it informational.

Please feel free to review tires in that thread. Second opinions are also welcome