News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Last ride before some TLC

Started by IceCold4x4, December 04, 2016, 09:52:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IceCold4x4

Well about week or so ago I wound up with a random day off. Decided to leave the ham around 9 am and head to the dragons tail. Got up there around 3. Had a small issue in that the gas station I had planned to stop at is now a Harley dealership... and this late in the year the station at the top of the dragon is closed... Thank god the next town is 11 miles downhill. Managed to stuff 4.8 gallons into the zrx which is the most it has ever taken, and it still had some audible slosh. 188 miles on one tank reserve kicked in at 150, and that was doing 80 to 90 on the freeway and not taking it easy untill around 165 or so once i realized I might have made a mistake. not too shabby for a liter bike with bigger cams and carbs...

But got some video of making the pass back down, sorry for the bug but I didn't realize it until afterwords. guess a 12 min run from the gate to the overlook isn't too bad considering I was constantly worried about being alone, with no cell service and what not. First time I've really got to push the bike with the new bars. Slowly gaining more confidence in the bike. Time to do something about the front brakes, the lever feel just isn't' there, also need to spend some time setting the front forks up as I think they just aren't acting right, got some weird feel under heavy braking that I Don't really remember before they were serviced.

So now I've got to tear the motor down get the jugs bored for the larger pistons, tear into the carbs for about the 20th time, and fix the front brake feel, probably with stainless lines, and hell not sure what else.