News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Alabama's Great Wall

Started by kdtrull, February 26, 2017, 11:13:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kdtrull

jrobinson

I was talking to someone recently about The Wall. They visited it and mentioned that Tom wasn't doing well. Tom's son came out and spoke to the group. Hopefully the son will continue the care and visitor interaction that Tom provided.

If anyone hasn't visited the Wall, you need to make plans to go. At least read about this memorial Tom Hendrix built for his Great, great grandmother.

http://www.natcheztracetravel.com/natchez-trace-alabama/florence-tennessee-river/456-wichahpi-stone-wall.html

Campbell92

Oh my gosh, we were just talking about him Saturday after our ride. We had talked about the next ride being over to the wall and also riding the trace. We had no idea!! Hope someone will preserve the area. It is very interesting and the story behind its existence is incredible. I went there on a date in college, was the girls idea (I had no idea it even existed), and Tom took us on our own separate tour just to separate us from the retirement home that was there on a visit. I would love to go back again.