News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Trackdays, 2017

Started by DachshundUberAlles, March 04, 2017, 09:39:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chitza

Sorry to hear about your mom, DUA. It sounds like you made a good decision. I think we have all probably been in the situation of having to bail because our head wasn't clear. You certainly made a valiant effort and the right call. Here's hoping Sept 18 brings you good weather.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

springer

Oh man, so sorry about your mom. Lost mine in 2002...it was a real kick in the gut.  :'(
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

DachshundUberAlles

Thank you for your kind words.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

DachshundUberAlles

September 18:

Being the Monday after the MotoAmerica weekend saw a light turnout which means a very "roomy" track. There were only 20 of us in the (I) group so it was another mostly lonely riding day. The lower pits were rather crowded with the haulers of the major teams, using that day to do their load out. It takes a lot of work to set those guys up for the weekend, that's no easy task for those crews to do at the start and end of any event weekend. Hats off to them.
The day was hotter than I had hoped would be, but the lightly populated track offered the opportunity to get in some "concentration" and some "vision" time that I need to work on developing.
The only "incident" of note was a red flag after one lap because someone forgot to collect all their tools after doing some work because they deposited a wrench in the middle of the track at the rise to turn 13.
It will be a back to back Mondays in October, the 9th (following Vintage Fest) and the 16th.
There's no such thing as a "REAL RIDER!". If you have a motorcycle, you've done all you need to do.

DachshundUberAlles

Got an e-mail from Sportbike Track Time yesterday evening. Due to the tropical storm/hurricane, Barber has cancelled the Monday, Oct 9 event. STT will be issuing us a credit. The October 14-16 is already sold out, so the only option left is a November date. I hadn't planned on doing one then but since I have to redeem the credit this year or lose the $235, I guess I'll get ready for a November ride.