News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

NEW Moto Shop thread!

Started by Sadlsor, March 19, 2020, 03:46:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadlsor

Yeah, well, all the reviews of local shops are getting a little dusty, so how about some recent experience from you moto-hounds?
I'm specifically looking for HONDA dealers, in case I get screwed up working on the ST1300... linked brakes, y'all!
So it's a little more to do than a simple flush 'n fill - years back, I took my Blackbird to MotoAce - and they learned how to work on linked brakes on my bike. Also may need to have a backup plan, as I've been known to start a project (seemed so SIMPLE at the time!) and get upside down and twisted around.
So... I guess local Honda shops are either Pinnacle in Bessemer or that place in Pelham - is it Hall's? Hall's has crappy reviews from what I see.
What's wrong with these young people! Ain't enough of 'em buying new motorbikes for to keep dealers in business!
Well, that and the fact that most have been so poorly run, that they put THEMSELVES out of business.
As there's no warranty for discontinued bikes, I may look to MotoAce again.
So - recent reviews here for local-to-Birmingham Honda dealers?
I'm reading good things about Allsport in Decatur, but that's a haul for routine service.
Thanks, y'all!
You must be the change you wish to see in this world.

Sadlsor

Well, here's a PLUS for Pinnacle in Bessemer - I emailed their service department for a quote on flush 'n fill the LBS, and Jack replied within one hour!
Amazing; I didn't expect to hear back for a few days. Yeah, I have low expectations, but it's only because of my EXPERIENCE with all kinds of m/c dealers over 40+ years.  :D
So, anyway - 2.5 hours and THREE HUNDRED DOLLARS! is the quote.
Meanwhile, as the bike's been sat for about 3 or 4 years, I will need to replace ALL the fluids - oil, brake, clutch, coolant, maybe final drive... so looks like I'm gonna get experience in getting under the hood of a V4, real soon.
Can't say I'm surprised at the price, but with all I've listed just above, I could reasonably expect a $700 bill for regular maintenance.
That would buy me the Givi tail trunk I need (laptop won't fit in sidebags) and the dash shelf.
Just for grins, I'll call MotoAce too.
Now, where did I put my MityVac...

norton73

The Bike Shop in Leeds.

(205) 352-0202

Loose nut holding the handlebars

IceCold4x4

Quote from: norton73 on March 20, 2020, 09:54:18 AM
The Bike Shop in Leeds.

(205) 352-0202
Ditto support our local fools... Lol j/K good people there.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Sadlsor

Thanks for the referral.
I used to like going to Mr. Bike in Leeds, but Tim went to work for Honda in Lincoln, IIRC. That was years ago.
Went to Pinnacle this morning for an oil filter, and was impressed. Jamie Lane, General Manager, was wiping / dusting bikes on the floor, and greeted me right away.
Grayson in Parts took a couple minutes to find the filter's part number, but once he did he pulled it out of a drawer right there in the front - didn't disappear for an hour in the back. Of course, the ST hasn't even been made for 8 years. Sure, the oil strainer is probably used in other models, but I didn't have to hear "We can order it."
And they had that new '20 GoldWing on the floor... nice to look at.