News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Vintage Motorcycle Recurring Events Schedule as of April 10, 2017

Started by renchinrider, April 10, 2017, 10:01:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hi Vintage Motorcycle Enthusiasts!

Here is my current list of recurring vintage-motorcycle related events.  If any of you know of other events I've missed, please reply and let me know so I can post them onto the North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club's Facebook page as well.  Thanks, and see you out and about!
------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Every Saturday at 8 am:  NAVMC Breakfast at Blue Plate CafĂ© II on South Memorial Parkway, Huntsville
-Every Monday in Hartselle:  The Jacks Monday Bike Night has moved to the Mexican restaurant that occupies the old Hartselle Dairy Queen . All bikes welcome. 
-Every Tuesday 5 - 7 pm:  Vintage Bike Night at Straight to Ale, Huntsville
-Every Tuesday, 5 pm to Close:  Vintage Bike Night at Champy's Famous Fried Chicken, 120 2nd St, Muscle Shoals 
- Every Thursday Eve:  Vintage Bike Night at Carrigan's Public House, 2430 Morris Ave, Birmingham, AL 35203
-Third Thursday of Every Month, 5:30 pm to Close:  Vintage Bike Night at Sam's Sports Club, Decatur Beltline
- Third Saturday of Every Month, Noon until:  Moto at Sonic Triumph Riders gathering at the Sonic, at 11396 County Line Road in Madison. (NOTE:  With the change in Daylight Savings Time, this event will soon change from noon to evening time.  Stand by for announcement of the time change).
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

norton73

Didn't know about the event at Carrigan's.
Do many bikes show up?
Can't go this Thursday as I'll be packing for tellico plains.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

gulfcoaster

Not sure if I'm going to make this. I'm going to try. Also, it's a long trip for most everyone here. But thought it was relevant. Weekend after next on Dauphin Island.

https://m.facebook.com/Mobile-Bay-Vintage-Motorcycle-Club-265806463445010/

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

bblass

We usually get about 4-5 bikes at Carrigan's for bike nights. Some nights are bigger than others and sometimes it get's called off randomly. There's only about 3 of us who are really coordinating it right now. We could use a hand growing it and spreading the word.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

IceCold4x4

I think some of the zrxoa guys might be coming this next time. Got a thread going over there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

renchinrider

Quote from: bblass on April 11, 2017, 08:23:16 AM
We usually get about 4-5 bikes at Carrigan's for bike nights. Some nights are bigger than others and sometimes it get's called off randomly. There's only about 3 of us who are really coordinating it right now. We could use a hand growing it and spreading the word.

Hope to see your event grow, and look forward to joining you one Thurs evening this summer!

Please let me know if y'all plan any special events and want me to post it up on our NAVMC Facebook page as well.  We'd love to have you join us up here whenever you can...Maybe to ride with us to Chattanooga for "Meet in the Middle" in a couple of months?

norton73

Quote from: bblass on April 11, 2017, 08:23:16 AM

I checked out Carrigan's website and facebook page. There's no mention of bike nights there. Is there somewhere else you are promoting it?
Loose nut holding the handlebars

renchinrider

Norton, let me find out.  We post it on the North Alabama Vintage Motorcycle Club Facebook page, and I believe it's also posted on Craigslist under the "Motorcycle" category for Birmingham, but no idea about Carrigan's itself.  Interesting that they aren't promoting it more...

Well, we'll help the B'ham area vintage enthusiasts to draw all those old bikes out of the hideaways and get 'em on display at Carrigan's!

Thanks for sharing this promotional glitch you've discovered!

bblass

A couple of the bartenders ride and belong to local motorcycle collective; good folks with a motley collection of old sportsters and yammy 650s. They're cool with us gathering there but it hasn't been promoted outside of the NAVMC facebook page and craigslist since we're fairly unreliable.

If you're on the NAVMC facebook post your interest next time we put one up and we'll add you to the group chat where we try and coordinate. We'd love to have a few others take the helm since two of us travel a good bit and are often unable to make it.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Fencejumper09

Hope to get the Wing sorted out soon to join a couple of these so I don't stick out on the Sumo!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332