News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Layed my new Yamaha FJ-9 down in my yard

Started by Freebooter, September 18, 2015, 03:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freebooter

I was circling in my front yard fixing to leave and slipped in the dew or a sandy spot and my front tire went right out from under me. I slamed down on my leg and elbow on some tree roots. Damn that hurt. Left a goose egg on my outer elbow and my hip and leg was bruised. I had on a padded riding jacket but elbow pads, on the point of elbow, did not help because I slammed down on the out side of my elbow. I have factory saddlebags on it and those and the handlebar and handlebar wind deflector hit the ground and kept my leg from being crushed by the bike. Lucky it did not hurt my bike other than a scratch or two on the bag and my right brake thing was bent in. Now I have to really twist my foot around to get part of it on the break pedal.
FB

KrisCook

Sorry to hear about the yard drop!  Note to self: That right there is why it's not a great idea to move the bike around the yard in shorts and flip flops.   :o
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Chuck A.

Pray this is the only time we hear of you going down. ;)
"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

LawnmowerRG

Yup Agree with Chuck here.  :(  Hope that is the one and only.
Lofty Goals Possibly May Be Reached
Modest Goals Possibly May Not.

springer

They only have two wheels, sometimes they fall over. It happens.

Yamaha will sell you a new brake pedal. Or you can go whole hog and get you a set of rear-sets.

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/lightech-r-series-rearsets-yamaha-fz-09-fj-09
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KrisCook

Ha! Only 900 bones!!  Because titanium. I want one.
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Freebooter

Thanks y'all! I hope it is the last time too. Now Big Valley is coming on so I gotta go! LOL!
FB
Elmore Co.

springer

Quote from: KrisCook on September 19, 2015, 10:00:08 AM
Ha! Only 900 bones!!  Because titanium. I want one.
That is for the whole shebang.  :) On both sides. Pegs, shiftier, brake lever, mounting plates, and Titanium mounting bolts.  ;)

And yea, it IS some coinage.  ;D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

Argh Oh

Yes indeed, hope that's it for bike naps. Can you reshape the lever?

Freebooter

It is not bent that bad. With tennishoes it is no problem. But when I wear my motorcycle boots it is hard to get on it, have to sort of twist my lower leg to get on the pedal good.

springer

Quote from: Freebooter on September 20, 2015, 10:36:39 PM
It is not bent that bad. With tennishoes it is no problem. But when I wear my motorcycle boots it is hard to get on it, have to sort of twist my lower leg to get on the pedal good.
Pull the bent brake pedal off, buy a new one from Yamaha, install it, and go riding. Oh yea, wear your boots. tennis shoe will last about .02 seconds if you go down on the road.
You think a new pedal is expensive, price reconstructive surgery on your feet and ankles.

Freebooter

Jason

I did the same thing 2 weeks ago in my front yard on my FZ-09. I was circling around and slipped in the grass, my pants leg caught on my peg and down we went. I did manage to somehow cushion the fall with my leg so there was no damage to the bike.

Freebooter

I think my leg cusioned the fall too. It did bend in my rear break pedal though a tiny bit. Nothing I can't live with.
FB

ThumperTriple

I have an FJ-09 too,  I caught it twice this weekend on a 400+ mile ride when I was turning  around across awkwardly sloped narrow areas.