News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Show and tell about your cruiser!

Started by gene46, September 19, 2015, 08:54:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gene46

I am the first poster on the cruiser section? I will be famous! Tell us about your cruiser (with pics). I started riding 2 years ago and worked up to my current bike, a 2012 Honda Shadow Spirit 750. . Her name is Hedone. I bought her new in May 2015 from Southern Powersports in Chattanooga, she had 2.9 miles on her. I chose this bike (after heavy research) for the dependability, efficiency, low insurance costs, good looks and the fun factor. She is strong enough for some 2 up riding, gets smiles from kids and chicks and averages well over 55 MPG. You can see my fuel stats on Fuelly.com. Gene46. This summer I have averaged 2000 miles per month on her (her 8000 mile service is next week!)so she is not a garage trophy. I hope to see all of you on rides soon! Tell me about your cruiser and riding experience!

MadMax

205Rider

Honda sure can make a good looking bike and that one is sharp!

hawkvtx

Ok, I'm in. This is my Honda VTX 1800 C3. Too many mods to list.
This photo was taken on a BR ride by the way.

The obligatory "taming the Dragon" pic.

2006 Honda VTX 1800C
2022 BMW G310GS
2018 Honda Rebel 500

gene46

Great looking ride! I guess the only cruisers on here are Hondas?

LRobinson

My Harley.  Day shot, night shot, and action shot

Chitza

Not my style of riding anymore but it was a pretty bike.
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chuck A.

This is my 2003 VN 1500 Kawasaki Nomad that I bought March of 2014 in Winchester Tenn on a storming Monday night. The guy cut the price from $4800 to $3700 in $100 dollar bills cause he was trying to raise the money to keep the IRS from taking his house on Tuesday. 4 others who "were sure I'll take it" were turned away from coming because of rain. It was flooding all the way there but stopped long enough for me to buy and load the bike. All that tells me we had a future together. Anywho, She has been great! I have put just shy of 15000 miles on her sense we've been together. Other than water in a tank of gas it has ran flawlessly. This week we have done new tires, diff fluid, greased the trailing arm bearings, and changed the fluid in the rear air shocks. A month ago I changed the antifreeze, engine oil, front and rear brake fluids, changed the clutch fluid, cleaned and added dielectric grease to all connections under the seat, and made myself a balancing kit for the air shocks. I warped the exhaust baffles with 1/2 stove rope to help tone the sound down. I am waiting on the new Progressive springs to come this week to replace the fork springs, fluid, and to grease the head bearing. This should have all fluids and grease areas completed and ready for good riding next year. But even more so, the seats are heading to Russell Day Long Seats in December for the build. My butt can't wait!

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

scrappyjon

Quote from: LRobinson on October 17, 2015, 08:31:07 AM
My Harley.  Day shot, night shot, and action shot

The best looking Harley, ever.

VWCarlos

This is my 2007 Yamaha V-Star 1100 Silverado. Like most of you I have been arounds bikes since I was young. I started with dirt bikes as a kid growing up on a horse farm. When I got older I moved to street bikes. I got this one in September last year after years of not owning a bike. I was going to store to buy milk and came home with a new bike. Funny how that happens. I love the bike and have gotten a chance to meet some really cool folks riding.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2007 Yamaha V-star 1100

ironblood45

Got this in 2014. I had never ridden a bike and didn't know anything about it when I got it. Found it on Craigslist and just went for it. Glad I took a chance. I love getting out and riding now. Just bought a second bike this year.

Sean Patrick

My Rocket X. More of a muscle cruiser, methinks. The Thunderbird Storm would have been more of a traditional cruiser (it was my other choice). I am also fond of the HD Night Rod Special, but my wife hated the passenger accommodations.

This Rocket is far more nimble than it's heft would suggest, and has not encouraged more civilized road behavior than my Speed Triple. The power is amazing! It is missing luggage, however. I am considering taking out a second mortgage to pay for a set of Corbin Beetle Bags. The biggest downfall to this motorcycle is the lack of aftermarket support and the cost of what little is available out there. I can afford to pay for parts for my Speed Triple all day long but any purchase for the Rocket has to be well thought out and planned for.

Anyways, I do love my Rocket!

Cheers!

KrisCook

Quote from: Sean Patrick on July 05, 2016, 08:10:19 AM
My Rocket X. More of a muscle cruiser, methinks. The Thunderbird Storm would have been more of a traditional cruiser (it was my other choice). I am also fond of the HD Night Rod Special, but my wife hated the passenger accommodations.

This Rocket is far more nimble than it's heft would suggest, and has not encouraged more civilized road behavior than my Speed Triple. The power is amazing! It is missing luggage, however. I am considering taking out a second mortgage to pay for a set of Corbin Beetle Bags. The biggest downfall to this motorcycle is the lack of aftermarket support and the cost of what little is available out there. I can afford to pay for parts for my Speed Triple all day long but any purchase for the Rocket has to be well thought out and planned for.

Anyways, I do love my Rocket!

Cheers!

That's bad to the bone right there.   8)
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

bergman32

Just bought a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture today.

renchinrider

Congratulations!  Great lookin' bike!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!