News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2018 Yamaha Star Venture

Started by Nice Goat, June 01, 2017, 10:44:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maydaymike

I bet they'll sell a ton of them.  It'll only take two, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

2010 Triumph Bonneville T-100 189k
2014 Harley Davidson Street Bob 74k
2019 Vespa GTS300 Super 11k
IBA#58185

merc16

Quote from: maydaymike on June 14, 2017, 06:55:12 AM
I bet they'll sell a ton of them.  It'll only take two, so it shouldn't be that hard.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

;D
Justin

Chuck A.

"There is no substitute for laminar flow in which a helmet is the primary disturbance.'- kdt

People's beliefs are a culmination of their experiences.  Belittling one's ideas is very close to an attack on that person. Ideas make the person who they are. JRobinson

Nightwind15

My Raspberry Red in on order now!  I am super excited, this is like when the first Ventures came out back in 83!!

merc16

Quote from: Nightwind15 on June 16, 2017, 11:51:48 AM
My Raspberry Red in on order now!  I am super excited, this is like when the first Ventures came out back in 83!!

Ironic that you have a '83 in the dealership. You should make a display with them together.
Justin

klaviator

Campbell92

Quote from: klaviator on July 21, 2017, 10:49:09 AM
Motorcyclist just gave this bike a really positive review:  http://www.motorcyclistonline.com/2018-yamaha-star-venture-first-ride-review?src=SOC&dom=tw#page-10

I saw! Makes me pretty excited. I cant wait for our first models to roll in soon.

Nice Goat

To reduce confusion, I merged all three threads on this new bike.

Also, they've announced another version to compete with the Road Glide and the F6B....

I give you the 2018 Yamaha Star Eluder .... basically a Venture without the top case.

https://youtu.be/VlMGl1Ylvp4
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Campbell92

I think the new eluder beats the Honda by a longshot. I think Honda tried to sell a Yamaha to Honda guys and tripped themselves up. Compared to the Harley I think the Eluder and the Venture might be swinging some new people over to Yamaha. Only time will tell. Based off video for both bikes, it looks like they handle like a dream. We have a few guys going up to Tennessee to test the Venture next Friday if anyone is interested.

Campbell92

Well we finally got one of these bad boys on the showroom floor and I have to say I am very impressed. I have never seen so many bells and whistles on one bike so conveniently easy to access. The assembly was quite time consuming but well worth it in the end. Being about 5ft 8in and a tad over a buck fifty I was amazed at how easy it was to get off the kickstand. Don't let the size fool you based off all I have read it seems like all the weight disappears once the bike is moving. I am pumped for a demo model to be coming in. I am a member on a facebook forum for the bike and there are already riders packing on some major miles even in this cold. I guess its a good thing it comes with basically heated everything! I highly recommend checking one out. The hype was as true as could be.
PS The shootout between this bike and the new and improved Goldwing should be amazing....just saying!

Nice Goat

I sat on it about a week ago.  Without any instructions, I quickly figured out how to operate the audio and change radio stations, etc.  Very intuitive controls.  Bike felt nice also.  Carries its weight well.  Hopefully I can chase down a demo truck this year.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Hammerdown77

Any word on when and where a Yamaha demo truck might appear close by this year?  And I mean close by for North Alabama... 
2016 BMW R1200 GS
2007 Suzuki DL1000 V-Strom

lastparrot

Quote from: Nice Goat on January 02, 2018, 08:09:42 PM
I sat on it about a week ago.  Without any instructions, I quickly figured out how to operate the audio and change radio stations, etc.  Very intuitive controls.  Bike felt nice also.  Carries its weight well.  Hopefully I can chase down a demo truck this year.
These are nice too ride.  I hope they have worked out the rev limiter issue (it was to low)  but i was on a pre production model.  The bike surprises with how well it handles.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

sctparker

Yeah I know this thread is almost a year old .

I was holding off on looking into one of these because of the fact that it's a vtwin air cooled and thinking maybe the look would grow on me and  the fact I

usually do not purchase the first run (on a side note still not interested but told myself to look into it again in a year) Well thru my research there is not

going to be a 2019 model because of the lack of sales, basically it tanked.

Don't know for sure and maybe polarissalesman or campbell92 can verify this

Numerous actual Owners of the 2018 SVTC/Eluder models have been pressing Yamaha concerning the question of why no 2019 models are being offered (out of obvious concern).  Yamaha has officially responded to those inquiries with letters stating that due to poor sales, no 2019's will be made and the future of  the  venture/eluder models will remain questionable based on whether or not the left over inventory of 2018's sell during the 2019 riding season.  They have also been told that even if the model does go back to production it will be strickly done by a new "Yamaha Pre-Order System" and no bikes will be shipped to fill dealership floor space.

klaviator

If you like this bike I have heard of some really great deals being offered since they haven't sold well.