News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Connect the dots... Hoover Met to CWMA

Started by rmcelroy, July 10, 2017, 03:14:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rmcelroy

Quote from: kylepeterson on July 25, 2017, 10:58:51 AM

OK, you won't make it across without a DS tire, and then you'll want to check river levels before heading out. I (allegedly) saved GPS waypoints when I (allegedly) crossed with minimal trouble, and included the URL of the
hydrograph too reference for future crossing attempts:
http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=bmx&gage=CHGA1

generally speaking, under 5 feet stage is a good time, over 7 feet means you're getting wet and over 10 feet is impossible... at least at the crossing points I've saved.

I have (allegedly) waypoints/tracks, but I won't be posting them on THIS forum, for obvious reasons.

the last time I allegedly was in that area (allegedly) there were slews of sxs and quads drinking cheap american beers and riding around without helmets... so I'm sure one single street legal motorcycle would terrify the residents of the area and get SWAT called with the quickness. if there were two, probably send out the national guard and move the country to threat level plaid.

but ya, there are crossings. tons of hiking trails too.

of course all this is just a story on the internet, I've never been there at all. or seen anyone else there. multiple times.

I understand.  Loud and clear. 
Here is what I am currently running:

We can take this convo offline. 

jrou111

Hmm, I have a TON of tracks in those areas. In fact I have an 85% off road route from Lakeshore all the way down to Centreville.

Do you still want some tracks?

rmcelroy

Quote from: jrou111 on September 30, 2017, 11:34:43 PM
Hmm, I have a TON of tracks in those areas. In fact I have an 85% off road route from Lakeshore all the way down to Centreville.

Do you still want some tracks?

im always looking for decent routes.  hook me up james!
please and thank you.