News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Need some "expert" advice...

Started by MadMax, September 20, 2015, 10:33:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadMax

I'll actually be in Decatur tomorrow at the Morgan County Bord of Education.  I have been working there on Mon / Tues for nearly 2 years now.

MadMax

Yankee Dog

Quote from: MadMax on September 20, 2015, 10:33:38 PM

2006 FJR1300

This particular bike appears to have a custom seat.  That feature goes a long ways when it comes to comfort.

As for the Valk.  I think I saw one over at Allsport for sale a couple of days ago. 

SlowRoad

That's a pretty nice looking Valk, and a fair price on it.  59k miles is barely broke in  ;).

MadMax

@Yankee Dog

That is a custom seat.  I realized after trying to find more info on it that the bike in the pic is not actually for sale.  It was an add for the seat.

MadMax

So now it looks like I am leaning more towards either a FJR1300 or a Valkyrie.  I'm gonna miss that V-Twin rumble, but it's worth it to gain the ability to ride more and further especially 2-up when the wife decides to come along.

SlowRoad

Remind me to show you the nickle trick if you come to see my bike.  You'll never look at a v-twin the same again!!   ;D

scrappyjon

Quote from: SlowRoad on September 21, 2015, 08:33:46 PM
Remind me to show you the nickle trick if you come to see my bike.  You'll never look at a v-twin the same again!!   ;D

Confirmed. I have done it also. The nickel trick is not a custom add on to slowroads bike. 

MadMax

Quote from: scrappyjon on September 21, 2015, 08:35:46 PM

Quote from: SlowRoad on September 21, 2015, 08:33:46 PM

Confirmed. I have done it also. The nickel trick is not a custom add on to slowroads bike. 

Hopefully I will be able to get out there tomorrow at or just before lunch time.  I had already planned on being at Danville High / Middle School tomorrow working on their wireless internet so it works out beautifully.

SlowRoad

Danville high puts you about 4 miles from my house.  Give me a call and I'll get you directions.

MadMax

Quote from: SlowRoad on September 21, 2015, 08:41:49 PM
Danville high puts you about 4 miles from my house.  Give me a call and I'll get you directions.

Will do once I have a better idea what time I will be getting there.  Working in IT, you never know how long you are gonna be due to all the "Hey, can you"'s that seem to arise when you show up onsite, lol.

Chitza

A member from the previous forum who has not returned for version 2.0, described the Valkerie as "riding a big stick of butter."

As for being a passenger on the back, I was told that someone who can't sleep on the back of a bike was heard snoring on the back of that very bike in the picture. I'm sure it was just a rumor, though 8)
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

MadMax

Quote from: Chitza on September 21, 2015, 08:58:00 PM
A member from the previous forum who has not returned for version 2.0, described the Valkerie as "riding a big stick of butter."

As for being a passenger on the back, I was told that someone who can't sleep on the back of a bike was heard snoring on the back of that very bike in the picture. I'm sure it was just a rumor, though 8)

"Smooth like butta"  LMBO!

SlowRoad

Quote from: Chitza on September 21, 2015, 08:58:00 PM

Definitely a rumor.  I know nuthing!!!    ::)