News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

I have a video question...

Started by springer, September 15, 2017, 01:27:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

I just bought a Ram mount set-up for my smarty pants phone/camera thingy, video to come. My question's are,
"Did you secure your camera with a tether"?
"If so, how did you do it"?
  In other words, Did you buy one? Make one? (and if you did make one, "What did you use?)

I am thinking about making one from fishing line and 2 swivel thingies....like in a fishing lead. I would hate to spend the money and time if there is something good all ready out there.  I am sort of a cheap bastard, ya know...  :DANCING-banana-032:
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

SpeedyR

what mount and what camera? I have used GoPro mounts all over the bike and never had any issues with the OE stuff. I did have my Gopro recently fall off wth an aftermarket adhesive mount.

I find that if you use the GoPro hardware, the little rubber grommet thing that keeps it in place and helps with vibration, that works.

also I find the best mounting location is the chin bar of your helmet.

good luck and happy videoing!

springer

It is not a Go-Pro, it is a Ram mount for a cell phone (and can be used with a Sony Action cam). Got a couple of Go-Pros, a 3 and a 4, but it is way easier and faster to shoot video with the cell phone (or the Action cam).
Of course that is a other issue, the mounts. Go-Pro uses a small ball on the swivel mounts, Ram uses a larger ball. Like 99% of ALL other photography and video equipment.  Plus Go-Pro uses that slotted up/down swivel type mount on the camera. It is another thing that is a Go-Pro only deal.    :crazy:
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.