5th Annual "Nowhere To Be, and All Day To Get There" ride. November 17-19

Started by Al Goodwin, September 16, 2017, 04:49:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Al Goodwin

Quote from: gulfcoaster on October 02, 2017, 06:24:28 PM
Count me as tentative. If I can get off work that Friday I should be able to make it. Assuming you got parking space?  I'd most likely bring my DR 350 up in the back of the pickup as opposed to riding the 1190.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

PLENTY of parking..... :applause-003:

Al Goodwin

[/quote]
....... on a worn-out KLR650.............
[/quote]

I resemble that remark. :bike-038:

David DoubleEX

Quote from: jrobinson on October 02, 2017, 09:53:12 AM
Quote from: David DoubleEX on October 02, 2017, 01:36:05 AM
I am thinking I will try to make it if I still have my WR by then. I just put it up for sale ($2,300 if you want it)

Anyone coming from near Scottsboro? I don't have a truck.

If I sell the WR, there isn't much I can do as the V Strom is all street, no dirt. If I ride the WR, it would be nice to trailer it. Also, it will just be day trip rides right? The WR can't carry anything for overnight (again why i want to trailer.)

Thanks guys.

I'm in Paint Rock Valley. I plan to haul my bike over on Saturday morning and come back on Saturday afternoon/evening. You're welcome to ride with me if you want.

Thanks jrobinson. I will let you know. a Saturday trip would probably work best for me anyhow.
This is still dependent on still having the WR. I have only had one good potential buyer, but he is supposed to come check out the bike next weekend. Fingers crossed.

jrobinson

Fencejumper09

If we do decide to ride around Bankhead, Chef Troy's would be a highlight to the trip!! :respect-058:
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Fencejumper09

To entice those that may be on the fence!

2015 Sausage Fest for 3 people!!!

Bring you significant other for a romantic setting by the pool (or just good beer!)

Don't worry, there was a way around!!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

WR250R

Al Goodwin

Little more than 2 weeks away.... :DANCING-banana-032: :DANCING-banana-032:

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars

2372ighost

What time is breakfast sat morning and KSU? I am new to DS riding and would like to make it sat.
Thanks
Rich
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Al Goodwin

Quote from: 2372ighost on October 31, 2017, 10:58:28 PM
What time is breakfast sat morning and KSU? I am new to DS riding and would like to make it sat.
Thanks
Rich

Breakfast 7:30is.....KSU 9am......

Still haven't pinned down the exact route just yet.  It may depend on the weather more than anything else...

No matter the route, it'll be good fun with good people.

David DoubleEX

Okay I still have the WR so I should be coming to this. I have a couple of friends that are interested too.
What is the plan Saturday morning? I know kick stands are up at 9, but do we have to do a good bit of pavement riding to get to the trails? Only street legal bikes right? (As in no 4 wheelers or off road only bikes.)
How long will we be out riding? Do we eat lunch while out?

Looking forward to this!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Al Goodwin

Reckon we could take the group around the Flint Creek trail in Bankhead?  It's $3, or is it $5 :thinking-022:...anyway.  Nothing in the trail is to difficult.

We could go by there, let those that want to do the loop could, the rest could, possibly, ride some of the other local dirt roads around.

Y'all that have ridden it before, give me some feedback.

Like I said, it's not a very difficult trail, I rode it 2-up on a worn out KLR...how difficult could it be? :cool08:

Al Goodwin

And I think John and Paula Alderman rode part of it in their Ural sidecar rig....BIG FUN there. :DANCING-banana-032:

Al Goodwin

Quote from: David DoubleEX on November 05, 2017, 04:23:09 PM
Okay I still have the WR so I should be coming to this. I have a couple of friends that are interested too.
What is the plan Saturday morning? I know kick stands are up at 9, but do we have to do a good bit of pavement riding to get to the trails? Only street legal bikes right? (As in no 4 wheelers or off road only bikes.)
How long will we be out riding? Do we eat lunch while out?

Looking forward to this!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Must be tagged and registered....  We'll eat lunch out, Chef Troys Talk of the Town, in Houston, more than likely.