News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Reclamation

Started by kdtrull, July 02, 2017, 12:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KrisCook

LOVELOVE the house with the narrow window up above the front porch!!  What's that called?  An eave?  Man these are all great photos, but that one could win some kind of award. 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

kdtrull

I think this is a collection of real parts to make a fake tractor.  Tires must be from Cheng Shin....slung a few knobbies.

kdtrull

Quote from: KrisCook on September 24, 2017, 10:09:21 PM
LOVELOVE the house with the narrow window up above the front porch!!  What's that called?  An eave?  Man these are all great photos, but that one could win some kind of award.

Someone in the area is trying to take care of that place.  I wish them well....it is a pretty home.

dredman

I would like to wander around here

kdtrull

Quote from: dredman on September 25, 2017, 09:01:12 PM
I would like to wander around here

I'd be pleased to give you the grand tour most any time.

dredman

Quote from: kdtrull on September 25, 2017, 09:29:16 PM

I was curious does anyone ever give you a dirty look?  I know that one nice house looked well clipped, and I am sure someone was close by so do you get the feeling you might get shot slippin around ever?

kdtrull

Quote from: dredman on September 25, 2017, 09:42:45 PM
Quote from: kdtrull on September 25, 2017, 09:29:16 PM

I was curious does anyone ever give you a dirty look?  I know that one nice house looked well clipped, and I am sure someone was close by so do you get the feeling you might get shot slippin around ever?

The only place I've been actively pursued and scared is in Winston county AL.  They'll kill you over 6inches of property line if they think you are the tax man. TN folk are a little more chilled.  I honestly think the bright colors and girly bike keep me on the plus side of land owner aggression.  I keep my camera prominently displayed on the outside of my gear and often wave with it in hand....gives them some pride.  Trial and error combined wth GTFOOH perception is the key.  Wander up on a pot farm is a different situation altogether. 

kdtrull

I need to clarify that previous post a little.  I was mere minutes from falling asleep at that time.

Even in Winston County, only two people have told me to get out and only one of them was hostile about it.  I really don't know what they are thinking but I have a surveyor buddy that says there's an inordinate amount of property disputes in that county.  He gets threatened regularly.

90% of the time in rural TN I never see another soul.  Most all of the unkempt places are obviously abandoned and many are out in the middle of nowhere.  I am usually not seen.

When there are other homes/people nearby, I approach very slowly and quietly and smile and wave a lot.  Sometimes I raise the chin bar.  I don't think folks are as suspicious of a worn out looking old fat man as they would be a teenager in racing gear.  However, that stupid-loud FMF can on my XT really hurts my humble/low-profile game.

The "Get The _ Out Of Here" comment was somewhat tongue-n-cheek but I do get a little spooked sometimes....better to be safe than assaulted.

I don't actually know if I stumbled on a pot farm but I once was on a marked county gravel road in KY that continued to become less gravel and more dirt and grass with light tracks.  It literally ended in someones back yard.  I'm not sure if I missed a turn or what but, I popped out of the woods and there I was, trying to quietly coast through the yard, some younger, very skinny dude appeared and tried to block me getting to the road in front of the house.  There was an open gate near the house and I beat him to it with some margin.  He was toting some kind of long gun and cussing.  My guess is a shotgun.  I don't know if he ever pointed it at me but I know he didn't fire it.  I abandoned coasting and got the _ out of there.  There was an unusual number of homemade greenhouses in the back yard....maybe he was just a very protective horticulturalist.  I really think it was a county road that he just chose to take possession of.  There are several marked county roads in Colbert and Franklin county AL that actually have gates across them.  I don't know how they get away with that.

renchinrider

Awesome pics!!!  Thanks for sharing! :respect-048:
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!