News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Tennessee Knock-Out (TKO) Extreme Enduro, Aug. 18-19

Started by Nice Goat, November 30, 2017, 08:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Nice Goat

Tennessee Knock-Out (TKO) Extreme Enduro will be held August 18-19, 2018, in Sequatchie, TN, at the Trial Training Center.

We have MC-AL members signing up.  Registration started today.

It's only 45 miles northeast of Scottsboro (map here).

http://trialstrainingcenter.com/

I'm going to make an effort to go watch, take photos, and support those who are competing.  Maybe even meet some of the great riders, e.g., Cody Webb & Graham Jarvis.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

Mulley

I'm registered. Some may say racing but that would be a stretch. I didn't do so well last year. My goal is a little redemption. I got registered early do I should have said good starting row. The accepted 250 amateurs and all spots were filled in 9 minutes. Which is beyond impressive.

It's an awesome event with some of the best, up close, spectating around for an outdoor event. The pros are absolutely incredible on Sunday. The top amateurs on Saturday are beyond impressive.

The terrain is rough, wear good hiking shoes or boots. Get there early for good camping spots.

No pit riding on motorized vehicles is allowed by anyone. However bicycles are cool for pedaling up the Jeep trails. Although I did hear of a bicycle being stolen during the race last year.

Food vendors are there and one or two parts/tire vendors.

Last year a vendor was there straightening pipes. I had him straighten and remove dents from my expansion chamber. He did a great job for an even better price.

So come on up and have a great time with him us.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

kylepeterson

those of you not familiar with the area, this is the terrain view. it's beautiful hiking, with ferns, large rocky outcrops, boulders, streams, waterfalls, large mature hard woods, and plenty of spectator areas. I'm mentioning the pretty stuff, because riding a motorcycle through this terrain is one half baby-step down from impossible.

to watch the amateurs slog through it all is very impressive. you PULLLLLLL for them and YELLLLLL for them to keep going. they have heart.

the camping is good. you'll rub shoulders with Cody Web, Graham Jarvis, and all those guys that seem unnaturally talented, on YouTube.

this is a race atmosphere of camping. guys are hanging out, talking about the last time, how their moss ranch is doing back at home, crocheting, and you know, typical stuff to relieve pressure of whats to come.

I'll be taking my bike to ride the short practice loop. it's only 4km, but 6 or 7/10 on the difficulty scale. the tko itself is an 11 or 13/ 10.

anyway, look at that terrain, and come with us.

Fencejumper09

So looks like I got caught up in the moment and decided it would be a good idea to sign up for this!!

I guess I should start training and prepping the bike! Anyone have a good skid plate or pipe guard for an 02 YZ250??

:'(
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

kylepeterson

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on December 01, 2017, 08:10:30 AM
So looks like I got caught up in the moment and decided it would be a good idea to sign up for this!!

I guess I should start training and prepping the bike! Anyone have a good skid plate or pipe guard for an 02 YZ250??

:'(

drop twenty, thirty, forty or fifty pounds, and ride the ktm all the time in the woods.

then hop on the yz and rip!

Fencejumper09

I feel like you are calling me fat, Kyle!!

Edited for the grammar nazis!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

jrobinson

Why would he call you fat Kyle, when you name is David??

springer

Quote from: jrobinson on December 01, 2017, 08:22:08 PM
Why would he call you fat Kyle, when you name is David??

:facepalm: emoji needed here.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

klaviator

Al Goodwin

kylepeterson

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on December 01, 2017, 08:19:26 PM
I feel like you are calling me fat, Kyle!!

Edited for the grammar nazis!

lol nope, I'm calling those string bean fellas ... string beans!

seriously, a lot of them look like roadies (road racing bicyclists)

any and all endurance you gain over the next few months will compliment your motox skills big time.

if you can drop five lbs off the bike (a gallon of fuel) or five off the camel bak, it will make a big difference on that super hard race ! :-)