News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Motorcycling in Alabama

Started by klaviator, November 26, 2017, 04:38:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaviator

This is going to be a different kind of ride report.  It won't be my ride report.  It will be our ride report. 

When great places to ride are discussed people normally think of states like California, Colorado, Utah, Alaska or maybe North Carolina here in the East.  Most people outside of those of us who live here probably wouldn't think of Alabama as a great place to ride.  I have ridden in over 40 of the 50 states.  I'm not going to say that Alabama has the best riding in the country but it is certainly very good and better than most states. 

So tell us using words, pictures, and/or videos what makes Alabama a great place to ride.

klaviator

In November when much of the country is cold and has no leaves left on the trees Alabama normally has great riding weather, color left on the trees and some great roads to enjoy riding.

KevinB

I love to motorcycle Alabama...so much beautiful scenery to enjoy and interesting places to explore.

KevinB

Alabama really is a great place to ride...

norton73

The diversity of riding experiences is great;

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Nice Goat

I love motorcycling Alabama too.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chitza

Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

klaviator

Different brands.  Different styles of bikes.  We still ride together.  People in Alabama are just friendly.

DonJuan

Any day that you can string together a route with roads that all end in Cove, Gap, and Valley, it is a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

klaviator

Two of the things I love about North Alabama are the water views and the curvy roads.  This video shows both of those things.  this video was shot by Danimal:

mega1e6

XR650, White Pelicans on the Tennessee River taken from Joe Wheeler State Park.

mega1e6

2013 Gold Wing, Mushroom Rock Boulder Field, Highway 176 by Little River Canyon.

catang5oh

I also enjoy Alabama Motorcycling!

Circa 1983, first street legal bike at 12!
Lecta, AL

And trikes in the snow

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

norton73

Loose nut holding the handlebars