News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Key West Group Ride -- Postponed

Started by Chitza, November 28, 2017, 07:27:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nice Goat

I recommend using cash or pre-paid Visa on the interstates.  Florida is the world capital of skimming devices, apparently.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

jrou111

I'd really like to go, but BabyRou #3 is due in early March.

springer

Quote from: jrou111 on November 28, 2017, 08:34:41 PM
I'd really like to go, but BabyRou #3 is due in early March.
Congratulations!
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

renchinrider

I won't make Key West in January, but on Jan 27th I'll be at Dania Beach for the 12th Annual Dania Beach Vintage Bike Show! :P

If any of you are planning to go to Dania Beach, please let me know so we can meet there (I'm going down early for some other business).

Also, if there are any particular locations or facilities along the way that I can reconnoiter for you, just let me know!  No doubt, y'all will have a blast traveling to Key West...Not sure I can join you, but I won't rule it out until there's no chance left...I would love to make it all the way to Mile Marker 0! ;D
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

jrobinson

I started looking for my trip to the Keys in 2008 and realized it wasn't here. I found the text from a blog I started and I'll rebuild the trip over the next few days. It may give you some ideas.

Look at Goodtimes Motel and Marina in Steinhatchee. It will make a nice stop midway.

TFancher

Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

2372ighost

2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

Chitza

I'm seeing a little interest here 😎.

Let's talk specifics. I have the whole week of Spring Break off. That would be Saturday, March 24, to Sunday March 31. I'm planning lift off for Saturday, the 24th. For an easy pace, I plan to keep the whole week available. The good thing is, if anyone can't use the whole week, you can cut out and boogie home on the interstate at any point.

ighost, that route looks like 280 and Hwy 19. I've used that route before and is definitely a possibility. Thanks for posting it!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

Chitza

This will not be an interstate-free ride. Just minimal. I've always wanted to go to Wakulla Springs near Tallahassee, so out first day will include a stop there. The first leg will be I-65 to Hwy 231 from Montgomery to I-10 where we will exit to Wakulla to see the Manatees. Hwy 98 from there to Fanning Springs/Cheiftan, Fl area for the night.

Chuck & Susan

What are your plans for overnight??  Hotels, camping or a combination? 

Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Chitza

I don't mind camping, but it will work better on the schedule to use hotels. I'm looking at both options but using campgrounds looks more difficult.

IceCold4x4

I might suggest going through Eufaula. Nice old antebellum homes, and some decent roads on the way.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chitza

I'm from Dothan, and have worked in Eufaula. It is indeed a nice place. I'm reserving that for the Canyon Ride...whenever I get that back in my schedule  ::)

Chitza

We will be riding Hwy 98/19 south, avoiding Tampa proper, and scoot across the Everglades on Hwy 41. The second night we will stay in Homestead for an early start via US 1 to Key West on Monday morning.

Chitza