News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Dual Sport to Fly Fishing

Started by bblass, October 19, 2017, 08:33:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bblass

On a recent ride to the Helena wildlife management area, Joe Shimano opened my eyes to the obvious - dual sport bikes are the perfect vehicle to get you to the best fishing spots. I've purchased a new travel fly rod for the bike and am eager to get this new hybrid hobby started!

Anyone have any advice on best practices for a noob? Any great spots you wouldn't mind sharing?

Planning to do a trial run Sunday around 10 or 10:30 in the Helena wildlife management area if anyone wants to join.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

2perfectwheels

Quote from: bblass on October 19, 2017, 08:33:13 AM
On a recent ride to the Helena wildlife management area, Joe Shimano opened my eyes to the obvious - dual sport bikes are the perfect vehicle to get you to the best fishing spots. I've purchased a new travel fly rod for the bike and am eager to get this new hybrid hobby started!

Anyone have any advice on best practices for a noob? Any great spots you wouldn't mind sharing?

Planning to do a trial run Sunday around 10 or 10:30 in the Helena wildlife management area if anyone wants to join.
I do exactly that here in SWFL. I mounted 2 plastic rod holders to a medium cooler. Strap that in there. I put a small tackle pouch inside with ice and water. And that's it. I will be in your area later in the month. I will check in with you.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

WR250R

I live off Colemont Road in Helena and ride the management area and The Slab often. I can ride tomorrow around 12:00.

2smoke

bblass

Enjoyed it yesterday! Had a great time exploring some new trails by the river. Thanks to 2smoke and everyone who came out!

Joe Shimano

I saw 2 smokes car parked around 11:00 but he was already gone. I road about 40 miles around the management area but never ran into anyone

My bike was running a little off so I came on home. Idle is off some and died several times. Never could find the idle screw if it even had one 😂

bblass

Hate we missed you! Probably going to do the beginners class at deep south outfitters this weekend and try again first weekend of November if the weather looks good.

2smoke

A fun day with a good group  :bike-038:

DonJuan

Il definitely join in on one of those rides!
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

DonJuan

Bblass, holler at me if we have any good fishing days in the next few weekends.
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R