News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

The Last Ride of the Year 2016

Started by merc16, January 03, 2017, 08:59:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

merc16

I decided to finally go to this. I'm sure some of you are familiar with it at the Stagecoach Café in Stockton, AL. Whoo, it was a little cold to lower Alabama :

MC/host :

Longest distance rider from Delaware

Some of you may know this guy:

Justin

merc16

Justin

merc16

Justin

merc16

Justin

Guidedawg

Didn't they do that on the 30th instead of the 31st?  I rode near the area on Saturday, but was in the family-mobile since we were headed south to visit relatives.

Nice Goat

I'm glad somebody went.  I couldn't get off work.  If they had done this on Saturday, I would have gone.

Next year, Dec. 30th is on a Saturday, so maybe I'll be able to finally go to this thing...
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

merc16

Yea, this year was on Friday. The host (I didn't get his name) said it would be on Saturday for 2017.
Justin

Chuck & Susan

What club is this??  We live in the area and knew nothing about this. Would love to know more. 

Chuck and Susan
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

Nice Goat

Quote from: cam21943 on January 03, 2017, 06:30:05 PM
What club is this??  We live in the area and knew nothing about this. Would love to know more. 

Not a club.  Just an annual "ride to eat (RTE)" that is open to everybody.  One of the early organizers was from Birmingham (John Harrison) and a member of the Iron Butt Association, so many people still treat this ride as a long-distance challenge.  They use to give awards for longest distance, oldest rider, oldest bike, and youngest rider.  The weather is usually either cold, wet, or both, so the event only seems to draw committed motorcycling enthusiasts --- i.e., the most interesting people --- which is why I've always wanted to go.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Chuck & Susan

I've added this to my calendar for next year. We won't win any awards for distance that's for sure. But sounds very interesting. Thanks
It's a beautiful day, let's go somewhere....
2016 Goldwing 1800cc

IBA #81066

jrobinson

They have a facebook page, but it hasn't been updated in 3 years.

Nokose

Dang it I was in Bay Minette that day too

Guidedawg

Quote from: jrobinson on January 04, 2017, 09:12:37 AM
They have a facebook page, but it hasn't been updated in 3 years.

I checked that out also when I saw groups mentioning this year's ride and it made me wonder if it was still going on.

Thanks for confirming.

gulfcoaster

Couldn't get off work for it. But I heard it was a huge turnout. Especially considering the weather. Great pics. Will probably be there next year.

merc16

Bump of the pics for this year's Chuck and Susan's threads.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin