News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

DS Ride thru Cheaha 12/16

Started by bblass, December 12, 2017, 08:41:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

bblass

Ok folks, this is finally happening this Saturday, December 16th! I've been wanting to get back out here ever since I left and many moons later it's finally happening. Come one, come all!

The plan is to park at the Porter's Gap Trail Head in Waldo around 9:30, ride 600-2 to Cheaha and back and then ride 600-1 if we feel like it. Porter's gap has ample trailer parking and is about 2 miles from each "county road". You'll need a tag if you want to avoid a very unpleasant conversation with a park ranger should we run into one. I would not recommend bringing a straight up street bike but this is America and I'm not here to tell you how to live your life.

This will be a very easy and moderate to slow paced ride. If you've ever wanted to get into adventure riding/dual sport, this ride is a great way to dip a toe in the water and see if you like it.
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

norton73

Unfortunately I am on call this weekend and the next.
Have fun and take plenty of pics and video.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

kylepeterson

we need to hang out more and get on the same cycle... cause I can't go this weekend:-(
just give 'er the berries !

bblass

I'm off most of the rest of the year after this weekend. Let me know if you get a hankering for a little weekday dualsport adventure!

Nice Goat

I'm going to try to make it.  Gotta check with the missus and the daughter to find out if they need me that day or not.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

KevinB

Quote from: bblass on December 13, 2017, 08:18:36 AM
I'm off most of the rest of the year after this weekend. Let me know if you get a hankering for a little weekday dualsport adventure!

Unfortunately, I'm working Saturday...but I'm definitely up for some weekday riding this month.

2372ighost

I'm out of town again on a day that there's a ride I would like to do. I'm a DS noob and want some one to lead me into the shallow end of the pool. I'm up for a weekday ride also.
2009 Vespa GTS250IE
2006 Ural Patrol
2011 Suzuki GSX1250 fa
2010 Husaberg FE390
1996 1400 Intruder

bblass

KevinB always has the best weekday adventures. Hopefully he'll post one up next week. Hope you can join us, Nice Goat!

dknx

I'll be there. Been looking forward to another DS ride.

Fencejumper09

Look at Drew showing up to double his post count!! I wish I could make the ride but have made previous plans.

Y'all have fun and try to climb the hills at the overlook!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

bblass

Shifting the meeting time back to 10 at Porter's Gap Trail Head in Waldo. It's right on State Route 77 about 6 miles south of Talladega. Hope everyone interested is able to make it tomorrow.

I'll be in a black SUV with a grey and black KTM enduro on the trailer. Two-zero-five five-four-zero zero-one-eight-two if anyone needs anything or wants to meet up later.

Nice Goat

Afraid I can't make it.  Wife working, daughter needs a chauffeur to maintain her active lifestyle.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

springer

Hate to be one of those "IFS" but if I am up to it in the morning I will head that way. Don't wait on me but if you do see my rotting corpse and my bike on your way back out please report it to the rangers and recover my motorcycle.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

bblass

Quote from: springer on December 15, 2017, 07:53:11 PM
Hate to be one of those "IFS" but if I am up to it in the morning I will head that way. Don't wait on me but if you do see my rotting corpse and my bike on your way back out please report it to the rangers and recover my motorcycle.  :D

We're about 20 mins out. Starting at the 600-1 trail head near sylacauga will check the thread again once we're through that pass or feel free to meet us in the middle

springer

Quote from: bblass on December 16, 2017, 10:01:17 AM
We're about 20 mins out. Starting at the 600-1 trail head near sylacauga will check the thread again once we're through that pass or feel free to meet us in the middle
Don't wait on me, heck I am still at the house. Looks like a ruff one for me today.
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.