Main Menu

Show us where you went dual sport riding today

Started by jrou111, September 26, 2015, 08:11:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KevinB

kylepeterson

just give 'er the berries !

jrou111

I'd been wanting to go play in the snow the last couple of days, but the GasGas had a busted tube. A quick change out to a fresh 21" tube and I got to play around on the property for a bit.

As you can see, we have a few dozen trees down from Tropical Storm Irma. The land slopes gradually down to the right. Hidden underneath the snow were a ton of 2-4" limbs and small trees, which were slick with ice!

Got the trees that fell in the front yard cut up in to 4-8ft wide sections. It was slick and I had no helmet or gear on, so I'll work on crossing them another day. Good practice for controlling the clutch to lift the front end at just the right height though.

Looks like there were some old trails through this area.

I was mainly bushwacking along deer trails. Really need to work on cutting proper single track and flagging it off, trimming branches, etc. Wasn't out long since it was around 30 degrees out today, but all in all still a good day to ride.

KevinB

First venture out on the 640, so had to take the obligatory riverbed pic...

DonJuan

Nicely done, Sir.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

jrou111

Mikey, I think he likes it...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gSoYaqkXxUQ

Hitting the nasty hill. Lots of loamy soil with slick, flat rocks underneath. Momentum is the key. As usual, the video doesn't show how steep. The ascent for this area was 1000ft in 1.3 miles though, about a 20-40% grade over and around lots of deadfall...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoxCne-ZHj8

jrou111

Played in my backyard today. Got lost a few times.

Lots of log crossings and pivot turns. Click 4K if you got a fast computer...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AkYUWZ8341o

yamahamer

Took the fat girl down to the river. I stopped by Cahaba park and played for a bit before heading to the slab. Seen Wayne leaving as I was going in. Fat girl started to sink on the trails so I turned around and headed back home. I'll try again once the roads dry out some. Still not ready to drop big girl. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

springer

Quote from: yamahamer on January 21, 2018, 02:08:03 PM
Took the fat girl down to the river. I stopped by Cahaba park and played for a bit before heading to the slab. Seen Wayne leaving as I was going in. Fat girl started to sink on the trails so I turned around and headed back home. I'll try again once the roads dry out some. Still not ready to drop big girl. LOL

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Only the first few drops are gut wrenching...by the 5th or 6th time it is not so bad. For me, I've dropped her so many times it is a "meh" moment.  ;) Well that is along as not body panels break. That is a more wallet sinking feeling.  :D
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

2smoke

Ha! Mark I wondered if the rider was anyone I knew. Yeah the mud is not that deep but it is slick

jrou111

Got a late start this afternoon. Starting riding toward my secret squirrel trail with a buddy. About 10 mins into the ride I discovered coolant leaking all over my boots. Turned out the screw for the bleeder came out.

While waiting for my bike too cool off to make the trip back, my buddy rode down to the wildlife clearing and rode about 20 wheelies, then came back up the hill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ywWb83gVtf4

Then we headed back to the truck which was mostly downhill. Got back to the truck and decided to run to the nearest hardware store which was in Clayton. Got a 5mm x .7 set screw which fit! It was 2:30 by this point, but we wanted to redeem the day with a little more riding, so we decided to hit some trails.

All in all, a good day to ride.

KevinB

Got an invite from the Tennessee Dual Sport guys to tag along today on a route pre-ride for their April rally. Did a 110 mile loop north out of Hohenwald.

Line up at the meeting point

Stopped at a cave somewhere along the way (I didn't have my GPS to tag locations)...don't know the story behind it, but definitely man made.

Lunch stop in Lobelville, TN.

KevinB