News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

North Alabama Vintage Riders Digest for February 24, 2018

Started by renchinrider, February 26, 2018, 10:17:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renchinrider

Hi, Everyone!

In spite of the wet weather, we had a great turnout at Saturday's breakfast binge.  We even had a few bikes in the parking lot!  Thanks to all who came out and joined us!

At breakfast, our Dan Marrs gofundme project leader, Scott Paulson, handed a check for $3,250 to Chris Klamer, who travelled to Park City to present it to the Marrs family.  Thanks once more to everyone who helped raise these funds to support the Marrs!

Here are our upcoming events (I'll post our March 2018 Activities Calendar once I get it transferred onto flickr:

Breakfast at the Blue Plate Cafe II every Saturday at 8 am.  No motorcycle required--just a love of the sport.  So come on out, and bring friends!  Let's keep packing the house every Saturday morning!

March 2:  Cycle Gear Bike Night, Cycle Gear on South Memorial Parkway, Huntsville

March 2-3:  Indoor Flat Track Racing at CALSONIC Arena in Shelbyville, TN  https://www.cyclefish.com/motorcycle_event/43414  Our own Frank Coseglia will be participating in the Mad Dog class, so come on out and cheer him on!

March 3:  The Huntsville "Forgiven Riders" chapter of the CMA will be blessing bikes at Redstone Harley-Davidson from 9 - 10:30 am.

Sometime in March:  We'll have a Garage Crawl from breakfast to All Pro Powersports on Leeman Ferry Rd.  All Pro owner Sam Brown is sorting his schedule, and should lock in the date by the end of this week.  I'll publish it as soon as I get it.

Riding Season is fast-approaching...I would love to post plans for a group ride!  Anyone want to lead a ride one Saturday in March??

Looking long range:

March 31:  Volunteer Training at Barber Motorsports Park.  We'll (tentatively) put together a group ride for all who wish to ride to Leeds together.  More details as the date nears.

April 14:  Garage Crawl to Gordon Byrd's shop in Decatur!  Gordon has a decades-long legacy building and riding a wide variety of motorcycles, and this garage crawl promises to contain excitement for everyone, regardless what kind of bikes we tend to gravitate toward!

- April 21-22:  Spring Vintage and 2-Stroke Bike Weekend at Two Wheels of Suches  http://twowheelsofsuches.com/event/legends-weekend/?instance_id=131

- April 28th:  The Athens Car and Bike Show.  This show is growing by the day!  Already, I'm developing a separate edition of the Riders Digest that will detail what we're hearing about this year's bike show.  The one thing we already know for sure:  This year's show is gonna be exciting!

- May 5-6:  A weekend with Graham Foster, enjoying both on and off road riding in the area of Dahlonega, GA

-May 18-20:  Second Annual All-Female Motorcycle Ride Weekend!  https://www.cyclefish.com/motorcycle_event/38333

Please let me know of any events I have missed, and send me stories of the vintage motorcycle activities that interest you!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!

klaviator

As always, thanks for the info.  I probably wouldn't have heard about the upcoming Cycle Gear Bike night without this.  I'll probably go and bring some Motorcycle Alabama Stickers.

Nice Goat

Quote from: renchinrider on February 26, 2018, 10:17:14 PM
March 2:  Cycle Gear Bike Night, Cycle Gear on South Memorial Parkway, Huntsville

New direction from Cycle Gear Corporate Offices....

Every store will have their bike nights on the same night, which will be the second Tuesday of every month.  Next bike night in Huntsville will be Tuesday, Mar. 13th.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

renchinrider

Klaviator, I gotta catch up with you and get a couple of the new stickers!

Goat, thanks for sharing the new Cycle Gear policy.  I didn't know anything about it until now!
Live to Ride...or Die Tryin'!