News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

History of Flash Mobs

Started by springer, March 04, 2018, 10:35:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

springer

A long time ago in a forum far, far, away there was a group of riders that would get together for "Flash Mobs". Once a month, then twice a month they would gather around for drinks, dinner, and a bit of conversation.
As a result of those get together's...the "Flash Mods" if you will, they got close...became friends.

But time has a way of marching on. Life can become more complicated...people move...work becomes hectic, friends can just drift away and what was the norm is forgotten.

Well, not last night...last night was a reminder that life is short...and it is up to you to keep the things you hold dear.

Many thanks to Kris Cook for opening up her home and laying out the warm hospitality.   

Here is a couple of short, crappy, and to dark cellphone videos of a bright wonderful night.

Lets do this again.  ;) ;)
What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KrisCook

Great time!  It's been a long, cold winter.  I appreciate everyone coming out to Forestdale! 
Sounds good except for pretty much everything you said.  ---Brian A

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

springer

If the crappy cellphone video's were not enough then its time for crappy cellphone pictures!  ;D

Buzz and Karla;

Tara;

Rodney with Tara in the foreground;

Some weird dude who stumbled in   ;) ;

Yea, that's DonR...but he IS kinda weird.  :D

The Lady who put it all together...the one and only Kris Cook!

And now the star of the show, the center of warmth, the cooker of ooey gooey marshmellows...Ladies and Gentlemen may I present the 1 and only...FIRE ;

What we've got here, is a failure to communicate.  Strother Martin as the Captain in Cool Hand Luke.
Endeavor to persevere! Chief Dan George as Lone Watie in The Outlaw Josey Wales.

KrisCook

Damn.  Upstaged by that insane MOON. 

Thanks for the pics, and that bag of super gigantic marshmallows, which you left at my house!  We'll fry up the rest of them next time you guys fall by.   :)

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

springer

Quote from: KrisCook on March 04, 2018, 09:37:01 PM
Damn.  Upstaged by that insane MOON. 

Thanks for the pics, and that bag of super gigantic marshmallows, which you left at my house!  We'll fry up the rest of them next time you guys fall by.   :)

What is a campfire with out big ooey gooey marshmallows?  ;) ;)

Fencejumper09

Hard to show up to a Flash Mob when you aren't invited!!!  :'(

Looks like a fun time!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

KrisCook

It wasn't planned at all.  It just sort of blew up like a nor'easter.  And I can't really throw a big party any more because it will mess up Dad's world too much.  His dementia is bad these days.

And these days won't last forever.  I look forward to future Forestdale meltdowns! 

2019 Honda Rebel 500
2018 Honda Grom

Nice Goat

Springer has a good point .... we need more social events.

They don't have to be at somebody's house.  I know that I don't want 20 of you in my house.   :D

Moderator note: We prefer events that are posted in advance and invite all members.

(a) Get to know people outside of your circle, and
(b) Give new members a chance to get to know us.

It would be nice if ten (10) members would take it upon themselves to post an event this year.  Invite others, promote it, and help grow the MC-AL community.

IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Fencejumper09

Bblass and I have something in the works for the MC-AL crew!

Hint: The man is a master with butts!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

saltcreep

That looks like a lot of fun!

I know this is out of left field but what bike is that in the first video?  I'm hearing straight cut gears, but I don't recognize the windshield. 

Fencejumper09

CRF1000L

The new Africa Twin! She is real purty in the day light @springer
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

springer

Quote from: saltcreep on March 14, 2018, 08:36:58 AM
That looks like a lot of fun!

I know this is out of left field but what bike is that in the first video?  I'm hearing straight cut gears, but I don't recognize the windshield.

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 14, 2018, 08:43:18 AM
CRF1000L

The new Africa Twin! She is real purty in the day light @springer

Yep, the Africa Twin, a very capable motorcycle. Unfortunately that one is piloted by rider who can't really ride, he just pretends to...badly.  ;)

With the weather warming up...some day, I am looking forward to attending moare Flashy Mobs. While the introwebs give us a place to type our opinions and thoughts, nothing beats the caveman (and cavewoman) style of setting around a campfire, a table, or just on the ground, while grunting at each other in real time.  ;) ;)

Cool times it is.  8)