News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Spring Maintenance Day & BBQ - April 7th

Started by bblass, March 07, 2018, 04:36:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

bblass

BBQ & Garage Party - Noon on April 7th at TWO-3-SEVEN Allen Ave, Homewood, AL 35209. Last house on the left with plenty of bike parking in the rear. We'll be there all afternoon so feel free to drop by when you can.

Fencejumper and I will provide the BBQ and a few sides. If you have a specialty you make please feel free to bring it!

We'll have a few chairs available but bringing your moto-camping chair is still probably a good idea. BYOB if want anything other than natty light.

Thinking this would be a hangout, eat some bbq, and knock out some easy maintenance items or at least hit them with a fresh set of eyes.  I'm thinking things like fork seal replacements, oil changes, non-touring bike tire swaps and what have you.

Looking forward to seeing everyone Saturday!

I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

Fencejumper09

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Mulley

I've already saved the day on my calendar.

Bikes and BBQ

2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

klaviator

I hope I can make this but I have a lot going on in April so I'll have to wait and see if I can make it.

Fencejumper09

Probably not on the menu unless some of y'all want to pony up but Ben's smoked Prime Rib is the SHIZNIT!

Don't mind the green stuff, it was just plate decoration!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

norton73

So much for thinking I was gonna be happy with a salad for lunch today.

Loose nut holding the handlebars

Spicciani2

Slede

When in trouble, shower down on the throttle. It either fixes the problem or ends the suspense.

Bamagator

I'm down for this.  Meet some of you dudes I've followed online for a while and get a second look at my DRZ before the Bankhead rally later in April to make sure she's ready to rumble. 

TFancher

That date looks good for me. April is gonna be a busy month.
Motorcycling is not, of itself, inherently dangerous. It is, however,  extremely unforgiving of inattention, ignorance, incompetence, or stupidity.

If it don't scare you, you ain't doing it right.

Life begins at the end of your comfort zone.

David DoubleEX

On a Saturday aye? Homewood / Birmingham is a good 2 hours from me (scottsboro) but I may still make it! If the weather is nice, I could take the V Strom there.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Fencejumper09

Do it! It will be worth the trip!

I promise we won't make you ride the Strom up any rock ledges!!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

Chitza

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 13, 2018, 08:01:13 AM
I promise we won't make you ride the Strom up any rock ledges!!

Speak for yourself. And, David, don't leave your keys in your bike. I know a few who may try to ride your bike up a rock for you!
Loud pipes make me hungry for Valium biscuits and scotch gravy. - kdtrull

Yeah....ham it up, crackers.   ;D -kdtrull
The politically correct term is "Saltine American". -KevinB

bblass

There's a playground at the school next door that could make for a very entertaining trials video!

bblass

Just a reminder that this is coming up next weekend.

Mark your calendars and post up if you're planning to join so @Fencejumper09 and I know how much food to buy