News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

Glove Recomendations

Started by Fencejumper09, March 14, 2018, 09:09:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TC

I highly recommend Held Gor-Tex gloves also.  Mine have hardened knuckles and a hardened slider on the palm.  They also have two inner compartments for use depending on how cold it is.  I have worn them riding in the rain and snow in CO and they have kept my hands warm and dry.

Fencejumper09

Do you guys have the name of the Held gloves you are using? There are a couple model currently for sale on ADVrider. How is the sizing?

Thanks!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Mulley

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 19, 2018, 09:53:02 AM
Do you guys have the name of the Held gloves you are using? There are a couple model currently for sale on ADVrider. How is the sizing?

Thanks!

I have an older pair of Held textile, Goretex with light insulation. Mine are probably close to 8 years old and still doing good. I mostly use them for street though. Occasionally for dualsport if its not a real dirty ride as they are just too nice to take off road. The sizing is a bit on the snug size for my pair. Although that might not be the case on newer models. I wear XXL and have a problem with tightness squeezing my thumb inboard on many pairs that are more Euro sized.

This is as close as I could find to what mine look like.
https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/held-satu-gore-tex-x-trafit-gloves

I do have some BMW summer leather gloves for the street now. They are amazing. Hands down my most comfortable gloves.  I would love to get a pair of BMW Goretex winter gloves. If you are looking to spend this kind of money you should definitely give them a look. Big No 2 stocks some of them. I got them for less than MSRP. Just ask and they come down a little and are pretty much inline with web prices for BMW stuff.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Fencejumper09

I have found a pair of Held Twin Gore tex and a pair of BMW pro winter gloves. Any chance you could bring those held gloves if you come to Hollytree saturday?
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

Mulley

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 19, 2018, 02:58:53 PM
I have found a pair of Held Twin Gore tex and a pair of BMW pro winter gloves. Any chance you could bring those held gloves if you come to Hollytree saturday?
If I'm able to make it. I'll bring them.
2015 Versys 650 LT / 2016 Beta 300 RR / 2015 KTM 500 EXC

Fencejumper09

I ended up finding a NWOT pair of Revit Genius H2O gloves for a steal! They seem to be built well and were top of the line nearly a decade ago. We will see how they perform!

2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

merc16

Nice ! Where did you find those ? Is the material leather or nylon/synthetic ?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

kylepeterson

last winter I ride about three hours in the snow (i think it was around 20f)with some handle bar mitts like these. no wind, -none- on the hands or up the sleeves of my poor quality jacket. snow built up on the front, my hands in MX gloves thought it was just another summer day.

there are about 1,000 different brands and more knock offs. cruise the snow mobile sales for really warm, really cheap
just give 'er the berries !

Fencejumper09

The tag says 68% Leather with the rest being textile. They have hydratex and 3m scotchlite. They fit well and came from a guy off Advrider that just didn't use them. Not bad for $65! They were around $200 in 2009.
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT

merc16

Good score !

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Justin

bblass

Quote from: kylepeterson on April 10, 2018, 06:23:16 PM
last winter I ride about three hours in the snow (i think it was around 20f)with some handle bar mitts like these. no wind, -none- on the hands or up the sleeves of my poor quality jacket. snow built up on the front, my hands in MX gloves thought it was just another summer day.

there are about 1,000 different brands and more knock offs. cruise the snow mobile sales for really warm, really cheap

If you ever go outside the US where people ride year round for work you'll see those on every single scooter & bike from November to March
I'll never be old enough to ride a sportbike responsibly...

DonJuan

Quote from: bblass on April 11, 2018, 08:14:23 AM
If you ever go outside the US where people ride year round for work you'll see those on every single scooter & bike from November to March
Not to hijack the thread, but... It's amazing what you see in other countries. We really take comfort for granted!  March 2016 in China I saw a young Mom riding a scooter, with a 2 y/o toddler standing on the floorboard, and a small infant in a safety seat in the back. 6AM, 31 degrees F outside and they were motoring along at traffic speeds with a homemade wind block made from a quilt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R

DonJuan

Good find on the Revit gloves.  I have some Alpine Star gauntlet textile waterproof gloves. It seems that they are too hot if over 50 degrees, and not warm enough under 30 degrees. Bulky too. But they are waterproof.

I am also looking for medium weight gloves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KLR650
KDX200
2013FXDBP
ZRX1200R