News:

Buy official forum merchandise here!

Main Menu

2018 Eastern V-Strom Rally

Started by David DoubleEX, March 18, 2018, 12:04:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David DoubleEX

The 2018 V-Strom rally in Stecoah, NC at the ironhorse motorcycle lodge is May 17-20. I am already signed up to go, will be leaving Scottsboro AL that Thursday morning and coming back Sunday.

I'm sure that most of you know that some of the best roads are up in that area, such as the Tail of The Dragon and the Cherohala Skyway to name a couple. But all roads there are marvelous.
The lodge will also have an awesome breakfast and dinner for us each day for a decent price. And the fellow riders are friendly and inviting.

The ironhorse lodge has camping spots, bunk houses, and cabins. I have a bunk bed saved but I just upgraded to a cabin bed, which means if someone is interested in going, I can currently guarantee you a bed; though I need to know soon so I can either keep that bed in my name or cancel it.

Anyway, more details will be worked out later, but right now I want to know who is interested in going. I have been the last two years and haven't regretted it (even when I rode back home 4 hours in a downpour.)

Last year I rode the Vee from scottsboro to Hixson TN to stop and get some good Pho at Noodles and Pho, then proceeded on the interstate until I got to the Sweetwater exit. The next half of the trip was riding on some pretty nice backroads. Though I am totally open to change routes to something with less interstate.

Who is interested in a 4 day weekend full of riding, great company, great food, great curves, and just plain a good ole time?

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

David DoubleEX

Here are some links to check things out. I will try to dig up some pictures from last year once I get back home Sunday or Monday.

http://ironhorsenc.com/dining/

http://www.stromtrooper.com/showthread.php?t=396298

Fencejumper09

Sounds fun! Guess I need to invest in a V-Strom!
2013 KTM 690 Enduro/Sumo
2013 KTM RC8R
2011 KTM 990 SMR (Oh Yeah)
2020 Beta 300 RR Race Edition
1985 Goldwing (ish)
2014 BMW 1200RT
Remember, a boss doesn't always do smart things, but he always does them like a boss. - Paebr332

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 19, 2018, 09:44:46 AM
You don't need a v strom to come along! Though I am a big fan of the new model v stroms. Mine is just an 06.

Nice Goat

Iron Horse is awesome ... I always enjoy staying there.
IBA #63019 - 2022 Yamaha Tenere 700 - 2023 Yamaha XMAX 300
Deep thought: "Pie and coffee are as important as gasoline."

Spicciani2

Quote from: Fencejumper09 on March 19, 2018, 09:44:46 AM

I have a 2003 vstrom 1000 you could buy from me..... 3800$   It has hard cases and just bout everything else...

David DoubleEX

No one wanting to go? Or needing a bed? If not, ill probably cancel my bed next week.

Merkur Man

I plan on going, but will be camping. Thanks for the offer of the bed.
I last attended the rally in 2016, but could not go last year because of my new job.
Perhaps we could meet up for the ride there.

I ride a 2003 Silver DL1000 and live in Oxford.

David DoubleEX

Quote from: Merkur Man on March 25, 2018, 08:59:47 PM
I plan on going, but will be camping. Thanks for the offer of the bed.
I last attended the rally in 2016, but could not go last year because of my new job.
Perhaps we could meet up for the ride there.

I ride a 2003 Silver DL1000 and live in Oxford.
Are you looking at riding up there Thursday as well? I'm more than happy to meet up somewhere and ride together. Company is always nice. And safer.

I wont be keeping the bunk bed in my name for much longer so if anyone is interested, speak up soon.

Merkur Man

The last time I went there I left on Wednesday morning. I wanted a good camping spot along the "creek", and there was way less traffic on the Dragon when I came thru.
I will more than likely leave on Thursday this time.
I have not secured my vacation time for those dates yet. Where I work, you must have 2 other employees sign up to take your place while your gone. So I'm working on that.

David DoubleEX

Alright ladies and gentlemen. Anyone want a great weekend with a bunch of like minded riders? We are two weeks out so I want to settle in on some plans if anyone wants to come along.

The current plan is still to leave Thursday morning to head to Stecoah. If I get anyone else to tag along, we can change the route to something with less interstate and more fun. If not, I'm just taking the interstate through Chattanooga to Sweetwater TN exit, and going to pass through the dragon on my way to Stcoah NC.

When: Thursday morning 5/17/18

Where: leaving scottsboro to head to Ironhorse Lodge in Stecoah NC.

Riding: a V-Strom 1000, all pavement.

Anyone can come. Some groups should be riding dual sport at the rally if you want some unpaved roads.

Who is interested?

Merkur Man

Sorry, but I wont be able to make it this year.
I cant get the vacation time off for next weekend.

David DoubleEX

Understand that. I may be riding up solo like last years. And it'll probably be a wet weekend!
Quote from: Merkur Man on May 13, 2018, 10:25:37 AM
Sorry, but I wont be able to make it this year.
I cant get the vacation time off for next weekend.

norton73

We are heading to http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/17th-ricks-eastern-rendezvous-may-16-20-2018-murphy-nc.1261890/ this weekend.

Leave Thursday morning. Gonna cheat however and trailer up. Taking the kayaks and will paddle the Ocoee on the way back Sunday. If you see a pair of Nortons running around, it's probably us.
Loose nut holding the handlebars

David DoubleEX

That sounds like a good time! Something I would go to if it wasnt on the same weekend.

Bring a rainsuit as its going to be a wet weekend.